Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redband59 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 03:49 AM
    Someone to sponsor my invention?
    How and who could I be referred to about someone to sponsor my invention?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2007, 04:20 AM
    Hello red:

Your family would be first. Second would be "angels". They're people who have been successful in the industry you are trying to break into. Go see some of them. Take your business plan with you.

What?? You don't have a business plan?? THAT is your first step, before "who".

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 18, 2007, 06:58 AM
    And be sure you have a patient on your invention, since without that it can be easily stolen
    esnow2001 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2011, 10:19 PM
    The idea may be able to pay for itself but be sure you know who will carry your idea and who your market is and what your market specifically want before manufacturing it. Do not forget to file a patent no later than 1 year after you disclose your idea to anyone or risk legally losing it if it has not already been produced or stolen by someone else. You must be financially ready to file a patent, which can run you into the thousands, so do not disclose it until you have all or at least a good portion of the money to do this. Research or get your idea thoroughly researched before formally disclosing it to someone with your representative/witness or lawyer present. I am not a lawyer so check with your lawyer before taking or acting on anyone's advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Invention of radio [ 1 Answers ]

Today is the 100th anniversay of the first intercontinental radio transmission, from America to England. Is there a good period drama movie about the events leading up to this momentous event?

Protecting an invention? [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone advise me please? I have an over-active, caffeine-driven mind! LOL, and frequently come-up with ideas. Often these come to nothing, but some of my ideas might be worth pursuing. However: I cannot afford the cost of patenting, and I am concerned about divuldging my ideas to...

New Invention Idea, help getting funds for prototype [ 3 Answers ]

Is there anyplace I can go to get help financially with getting a patent and getting the prototype built? My idea is a car that drives itself, not by mag rails embedded in the road, but by computer system in the car.:)

Ladder invention laddermate [ 1 Answers ]

Last year I came up with an idea to prevent ladder accidents I did all the plans sizes and drawings but didn't have the finaces to get it going is there anywhere to get help with this or any other support thanks,dave

Wirless invention [ 1 Answers ]

I am working on an idea on a wirless device.But I don't know were to start to find an electronic engineer,or something.with remote frequencies?:confused:

View more questions Search