Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amylynnwells Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2008, 11:55 AM
    Email hacked?
    How do I know if my email is being hacked and if it is how do I prevent it. In the last few months emails have been sent to all of my contacts in my address book and then their addresses get deleted. I can recover the addresses but an email goes out to everyone, usallay about shopping or something else. I have changed my password. Thanks
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2008, 12:04 PM
    You have a virus. What anti-virus program do you use?

Oct 27, 2008, 12:11 PM

Norton Ghost 2002 and VirusScan I think, it is my work computer.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 27, 2008, 12:13 PM

Ghost has nothing to do with anti-virus. And if you have NAV 2002, its way outdated.

Oct 27, 2008, 12:40 PM

I'm pretty sure it is newer than that. I checked my computer and the firewall, automatic updates and virus protection are all on and I am running a virus scan right now to see if there is anything that it can find.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Palin's Email Hacked! [ 12 Answers ]

So apparently some group called anonymous hacked into Palins Yahoo email account. I don't know what they were looking for but this should not be tolerated. Palin's Email Account Hacked (PHOTOS)

IP Hacked - or not. [ 6 Answers ]

I sent an email to a good friend of mine at approximately 4.00am Sunday Morning. Less than 12 hours later another friend contacted me and said he had been forwarded the email by the person I sent it to – it had his email address as the sender to prove it.. I thought this highly unlikely and asked...

Have I been hacked? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so someone tracked my computer and I can't take it off.. what can they do with logmein? Does that program record things I have done for the day

I got hacked [ 3 Answers ]

Someone tried to do a $3000 purchase with my paypal account. I had an ultra strong password so am sure I got nailed by a keylogger. Bummer too, I was just now logged into my hosting account for a website and saw that one of my email addresses had been changed to something else! I use AVG...

View more questions Search