Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alex1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2007, 09:22 AM
    Price Increase Business Letter
    How do I inform customers the necessity of increasing prices for a swimming pool and spa service
    adeena Posts: 19, Reputation: 6

Jul 25, 2007, 06:17 PM
    There's no good way to do this, but there are plenty of bad ways.

(But first... is it possible to keep your existing customers on whatever service level they're at and only increasing your service for new customers?)

One bad way to avoid is to simply blame your higher costs. About a year ago, a service I had sent a letter saying that next month, the rate was going up because their costs of doing business have increased. No kidding. Whose hasn't? I no longer use their service.

I think the best way to notify your customers is to:
    1) start a letter (or email or whatever communication you use) reminding your customers of what great service you provide - remind them why they use your service - why you're the best
    2) if possible, personalize it - "Customer Smith, You've been a great customer for X years. Thank you!"
    3) Add an incentive to stick with you... "Our rates are going up as of Jan 2008, but if you contract for X months now, we'll give you X percent off"

As a consumer, I would certainly appreciate a business that's trying to keep me as a customer rather than one who's just passing on their sob story.

Hope this helps!

-Adeena
    Author of "Cute Little Store: Between the entrepreneurial dream and business reality"
    Sandeep Kohli Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 11:54 PM
    Comment on adeena's post
    Accuarate answer but I want more lines that helps me for writing a letter to my customer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rate increase letter [ 2 Answers ]

Hello my name is Joanne and I was looking over your information on how to write a letter of rate increase. I this is not asking too much I needed assistance in writing a letter for my husbands house cleaning service. They have not raised there rates in 5 years. This is what I wrote so far. I...

How do I write a letter to customers about a price increase? [ 9 Answers ]

I own a landscaping business and due to gas price increase and product price increases I have to change the price of regular lawn service price. Please help I don want to lose clients Respectfully legen

Advise my customers of a price increase [ 2 Answers ]

Can I please have a sample letter to advise my customers of a price increase

Letter of rate increase to existing mow customers [ 1 Answers ]

Need suggestions of letter format for rate increase on existing mow/ landscape customers

I need to increase the price. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I write a letter for a cleaning business to increase the price of the weekly cleaning. We have not had a price increase in 7 years.

View more questions Search