Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dacybugg Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2006, 11:59 PM
    Hair Color with Henna Dye
    I used Bigen #59 Oriental Black hair dye for about a year now. I loved the color, and I loved having the hair that was so soft and shiney.

However, because the color fades, I end up having to reapply over the old to bring it to match the roots. I get tired of this, so I end up with roots about an inch to two inches long before I redye them. I have no problem with it, but my friends do.

Anyway, I was just reading that apparenly, this type of henna dye isn't the natural dye. It's got some of the metals and such in it. A friend tried to dye their hair a different color after using Bigen, and it didn't fall out or anything, but it also didn't change the color.

I'm getting tired of this color, and I need a change. Not to mention after finding out that my dye is bad for my hair, and causing it to become brittle due to coloring so much, I'm in need of some advice.

How do I get rid of bigen hair dye? Can I bleach it out and then dye another color? Do I have to wait for it to grow out? (This is an unsavor option) or is there something that I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    xHypoCondriacx Posts: 118, Reputation: 3

Nov 12, 2006, 12:57 AM
    You can use a bleach and suck all that die out of your hair.

To be fully successful get 2: packs of bleach and use one liquid toner.

I know this because My hair is pitch black.

I recently went to get streaks.. And nothing happened.

So my option was to leave it black and let it grow.

Or bleach the color out and redie my hair.

I bought the bleach today ill start tomorrow on taking this black out my hair..

So go with the bleach and take the color out.. and whatever color you do die your hair again.
    Make sure to buy a "toner" for it levels the coloring in your hair.

And also... Donot!! Shampoo 24-hours before applying "bleach, die, or any other dying products to your hair"

Its not dangerous.. just damages your hair and doesn't give 100% satisfactory results.

Goodluck Dude

- victor.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 12, 2006, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dacybugg
    I used Bigen #59 Oriental Black hair dye for about a year now. I loved the color, and I loved having the hair that was so soft and shiney.

However, because the color fades, I end up having to reapply over the old to bring it to match the roots. i get tired of this, so I end up with roots about an inch to two inches long before i redye them. I have no problem with it, but my friends do.

Anyways, I was just reading that apparenly, this type of henna dye isn't the natural dye. It's got some of the metals and such in it. A friend tried to dye their hair a different color after using Bigen, and it didn't fall out or anything, but it also didn't change the color.

I'm getting tired of this color, and I need a change. Not to mention after finding out that my dye is bad for my hair, and causing it to become brittle due to coloring so much, I'm in need of some advice.

how do I get rid of bigen hair dye? Can I bleach it out and then dye another color? Do I have to wait for it to grow out? (This is an unsavor option) or is there something that i'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You can end up with unwanted color results if you bleach henna dyed hair. I recommend using a hair color removal product to remove the dye and then re-color your hair with your selected color.
    lectrespectre Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2007, 04:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyLady
    You can end up with unwanted color results if you bleach henna dyed hair. I recommend using a hair color removal product to remove the dye and then re-color your hair with your selected color.
    What product would you suggest? I have been using Bigen #59 exclusively for years now and I am considering adding highlights to my bangs. I want to remove the color, but am concerned that it will cause severe damage and breakage. What would you suggest I use? There is so little information out there on Bigen. Thanks!
    LexieRS Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2007, 05:36 PM
    It takes a lot of bleach to remove henna. I would suggest Colorfix except that you used a compound henna product. Those react dangerously with chemical treatments and can either turn your hair green, blue, cause it to melt or fry. You could probably do a strand test first if you wanted to try it though. It's at least more gentle than bleach.

I had a mishap where indigo got into my henna mix, and instead of the lovely red I was used to, I ended up with dark brown hair. Five treatments with Colorfix and my hair was a uniform, pale yellow, lighter than it was after being bleached--simply because the bleach could never get all the henna out, especially closer to the ends where I had 1 1/2 years worth of weekly applications.

But I never used chemical colors or compound henna. I did get it bleached a few times, but aside from that, only pure BAQ (body art quality) henna and indigo had touched my hair. These are perfectly safe to use along with chemical treatments.
    Sagittarius Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2009, 12:44 PM
    Somebody help me. I had a huge hair mishap. My natural hair color is dark brown. About two months ago, I got some caramel highlights in my hair and the remainder of my hair was dyed a medium-brown. It looked good for a while but the highlights were fading and I no longer liked the colour anymore. I wanted to go back to my natural hair colour so I got black-henna and applied it on my entire head. When I came out of the shower my hair was jet-black and I absolutely hate it! It doesn't suit me at all. I called my hairdresser and she said she'll try to give me my natural colour back. Can somebody please help me and suggest some tips. I am not willing to cut my hair - it's long and it took me a long time to get there! Please help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hair loss due to hair dye [ 14 Answers ]

I feel sooo terible, I used dye called (biegen, I think) it is very cheap, I did not like the color so I used around 3 boxes in a week to change the color now my hair is very dry and is falling like crazy especially at the front I can see my scalp now, what should I do would my hair grow back or...

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

How to get rid of hair dye/keeping hair dye from fading [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have kind of a problem and no one knows what to do, especially me! I have beautiful dark dark brown hair. I don't know why, but I let someone highlight my hair blonde about 2 years ago. They turned orange, so I dyed my hair dark brown again to get my color back and I was happy. Within a...

Removing Hair Dye from Hair... Please Help! [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Readers, I really need someone's help. I had a neutral dark blonde with blonde highlights and decided it would be fun to go darker. I looked online and found the color and even used a computer generated website to put it on my face and make sure the color would look okay. I brought in...

How do I dye my jet black hair to a light brown color? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I dyed my hair dark brown but obviously it came out in this unnatural gothic black color. How do I color it back to something like ight or medium brown? Can I use semi permanent haircolor or something else? If so what color do you recommend I use? Thanks

View more questions Search