Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slelhe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2009, 07:53 AM
    Install copper water line under concrete driveway
    How do you install 3/4" copper waterline under an existing concrete driveway?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 23, 2009, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by slelhe View Post
    How do you install 3/4" copper waterline under an existing concrete driveway?
    Assumimg there are no rocks in the way you can jet it. Take a length of 3/4" PVC and glue a cap on one end. Next drill a 3/8th" hole in the cap. On the other end attach a female hose connection.Take your copper and slip a 3/4" copper hard cap over the end.
    Duct tape the two ends together. Hook the PVC up to a hose and turn the pressure on. Inch by inch work the two lines under your drive. Good luck, Tom
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 23, 2009, 10:54 AM

Tom,

What do you think of this idea?

Rig up your PVC pipe with the cap as you described with cap and small hole. Rig the other end with a connection to a power washer.

I think I would use 1" PVC and leave it in as a sleeve. Drill the hole the same approximate size as the hole in the end of the power washer nozzle.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 23, 2009, 11:10 AM
    [QUOTE=hkstroud;1940359]Tom,

What do you think of this idea?

Rig up your PVC pipe with the cap as you described with cap and small hole. Rig the other end with a connection to a power washer.

I think I would use 1" PVC and leave it in as a sleeve. Drill the hole the same approximate size as the hole in the end of the power washer nozzle.
    Works for me Harold. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best way to cap a copper water line: compression fitting or copper cap? [ 29 Answers ]

Hi all, Unsuccessfully tried to cap a copper water line by soldering a pre-soldered cap onto the end. Took all the proper steps, cleaned the ends of the pipe and fitting first, then applied flux around both. Wasn't quite sure what I should be heating, so I just heated everything. After my first...

Connecting two in line copper water pipes with compression fitting [ 2 Answers ]

Before connecting the two sections of pipe together, is there something that the surface of the pipe should be coated with that ends up inside the fitting before connecting the two?

Braze or solder 3" copper water line ? [ 5 Answers ]

At work we had to fix a buried 3" copper water line, what is the best way to do it brazing or solder?

Loud Bangs Coming from PVC waste pipe and Hot Water Copper Line [ 6 Answers ]

A year ago I had a crack and leak in our PVC waste pipe just behind our family room wall close to the first story floor. The plumber opened up the drywall and cut out the cracked portion (2 feet) which exended from just behind the family room wall down to the basement and replaced it with a new...

View more questions Search