Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chucksearcy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 09:47 PM
    How to get better with Excel
    My Vietnamese staff and I use Excel all the time, but we're limited to very basic stuff. Can anyone recommend an easy and comprehensive how-to reference, either book form (which we would have to order by mail) or on-line info? Thanks. -- Chuck Searcy, Hanoi
    Mgaines Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2006, 09:25 AM
    The excel bible. You can find it at amazon.com
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 17, 2006, 09:50 AM
    The best site for support of Office is utteraccess.com. While geared more towards Access, there are some very knowledgeable people who support all the Office apps hanging out there.

What book to get depends on what you want Excel to do. There are many levels to it. Most books give you enough to learn how to use formulas and charts to analyze data. If you want to get more into automation you can get books on Excel VBA. If you want to use Excel as a database, you might think more towards moving up to Access.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows excel [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone advise how to create a form with excel that is for continuous checks, form size: 8.5" x 7"? Page Setup Does Not Do The Job. The printer I'm using is an EPSON FX-880.

Excel [ 2 Answers ]

:rolleyes: I try to use excel to print an invoice, how can I put an invoice number that will auto upadate the next time I use the file?

Excel help [ 1 Answers ]

I am using excel to record some data and I have it setup to do some math based on the info that I put into certain cells. Now what I am wondering is am I able to setup the sheet so that it will prompt me for the 4 pieces of data that I want to enter and then place those in the proper cells and then...

Hyperlink in Excel [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Ask me, Could you please tell me how to create a hyperlink In Excel so that it opens a specific word in a Word Document? Thanks, Cris

Excel gridlines [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get gridlines to print when I am creating a prototype, so some cells have no data in them. I wish to fill them in later by pen. I know how to get the gridlines to print with data in the cells, but they will not print without any data in the cells. Thanks, dg

View more questions Search