Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NattyPatty15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 05:36 PM
    How can I become a famous singer?
    Hey, people, how can I become a famous singer? I've been trying for EVER! But I can't figure it out. Help?:confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 15, 2008, 05:52 PM
    You preform any and everywhere, you may spend 10 to 20 years or even your entire life singing at 2nd an 3rd rate places, and that is OK, since you follow your dream, Not always do you get discovered.

But you perform, at any place you can.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 15, 2008, 06:07 PM
    How old are you? Have you tried American Idol?
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 16, 2008, 01:39 AM
    Make a demo reel, a portfolio, and send it to your local radio stations to start. Get to know the people in your music community. Volunteer to perform at local events. Hand out business cards with your name, phone #, and style of music.

We don't know where you live, so try out (like ScottGem said) for Am Idol, Canadian Idol, Britains Got Talent, America's Got Talent... and so on. You haven't said what you have been trying to do "forever", except to become a famous singer. Maybe if we knew what you've tried, you might get a few more idea's.

Jun 16, 2008, 05:58 AM
    One more thing to add, the percentage of singers who become famous is small. Look how many people make it to Hollywood on American Idol, but if you don't make the top 24 you aren't remembered. Look at last years best singer, Melinda Dillon. She worked successfully for several years as a backup singer, it was only getting on Idol where she earned some fame.
    KalFour Posts: 332, Reputation: 46

Jun 16, 2008, 06:07 AM
    Being a singer alone is pretty difficult unless you have a jump start.
    What about going to auditions, getting into a band?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2008, 06:08 AM
    Tape yourself and post it on You Tube... ya never know.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 16, 2008, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    One more thing to add, the percentage of singers who become famous is small. Look how many people make it to Hollywood on American Idol, but if you don't make the top 24 you aren't remembered. Look at last years best singer, Melinda Dillon. She worked successfully for several years as a backup singer, it was only getting on Idol where she earned some fame.
    It depends on what she means by "famous" too! Does she want to be Hollwood famous right away, (not likely) and how hard is she willing to work to get there. It takes a long time even when you are extremely talented. Either that or a very lucky break.

My brother made a career out of getting into a music career. He got a job as a marketing manager for a place in which one of his duties was to scout out and hire good bands and talent to perform. He got to know a lot of famous bands, and bent over backwards to get in the mix with them, until they would invite him to do occasional "sit ins" with the bands. He is on a first name basis with a lot of them, and they throw things his way, when they hear of them.

My point is that it takes years of work. It sure doesn't happen overnight. It took my brother many yrs to get where he is today, and although extremely talented, his only fame would only be known mostly in Canada, and the Northern States.

Back to the reason I quoted you ScottGem, I wanted to ask you... Did you mean Melinda Doolittle? It confused me because whoever Melinda Dillon is, I sure don't have a clue who she is, and I'm an Idol junkie! ;)

Jun 16, 2008, 12:45 PM
    I don't know where I got Dillon from. That must have been a brain f__t. Thanks for catching that.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2008, 05:50 AM
    Hey folks, I'm going to quote a post here that I just created on another thread in the hopes that it might be helpful here. It can certainly be applied also to those that might want to gain recognition as a singer on the national or even international level.

The following is quoted from the following thread. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/entert...na-228389.html

Practice, practice and practice what you are going to be performing in front of people. Spend money on singing and/or acting lessons and/or dancing lessons, try out for any play or musical that might call for children as actors or actresses, have parents that are willing to spend the money to send you to a special school where children can take regular school and at the same time learn to do the things to become actors or actresses or artists of other kinds - like in dance and the musical arts. Be able to pass the auditions to be accepted at those sort of schools - not everyone who goes to those kinds of schools is accepted to them, although many will try. Be willing to give up a lot of your free time as well as the time that you might want to spend with your friends in order to hone your skills in your art so that you can maybe be successful without the guarantee that you will be successful. Be in the right place at the right time so that certain people will notice what you are good at doing who can get you to where you want to go as far as a career is concerned. Be willing to audition for the part where there might be hundreds of other people auditioning for the same part that you are. Be willing to take risks that what you are going for might not work. Be willing to go through many auditions, travel, studying of scripts and very long rehearsals for performances that might only last a few minutes. Be not afraid to be seen by many, many people, maybe even millions, all at the same time. Be willing to rehearse late and get up tired in order to do exactly the same thing for many hours the next day. Be willing to wear clothes that you don't like, but that others think that by wearing them, you will be portraying the look that they want and not what you really want. Be willing to have the world look at you, and not really know the real you. Always be willing to look and act your best, even when you don't really want to and would really just rather lean back, lie down, sleep or just do your own thing rather than what others want you to do.

It ain't easy...

I don't really mean to make it all look that negative, but just wanted to give you a reality of the picture of what you don't see about the "stars" and "famous" people that we see and hear about, sometimes everyday, on the T.V. and in other types of media.

Oftentimes, the real picture behind the "smiles" of the famous people that we see, is not really the way that they are...

Although, they really might have some real satisfaction inside of themselves a lot of the time...

But, not all of the time...

But, they (or, maybe their parents) have made a choice. Oftentimes also, a person's love for doing a certain type of art, such as that in acting, dancing or music, is all it takes to motivate them to keep going at it. It might not matter if they make a lot of money or become "famous" at all. Most artists are that way.

Some people really need to be entertaining other people in order to realize their own worth and to feel as though they are contributing to the well-being of others because the others who are watching what they are doing are gaining something because of the person doing the entertaining.

A person can become famous right around where they live because of the excellent way that they do a special thing that takes a lot of work. Whether they become famous or not outside of the boundaries of where they are located is another matter. Sometimes, just being famous around where you are located is enough to inspire and make you want to keep going at the thing that you do best in whatever art you are doing in order to keep you happy.

And, it could be that the kids and their parents really love the sacrifice that it takes to achieve what they have concerning the art that is being presented, the accomplishment as well as the publicity that is received as a result of all the sacrifice they have given toward that endeavor.

If you are interested, please do read my profile. Click on my name on the left of this post and you will be able to find out what I have done in the arts.

If you love what you do, then go for it!

So, what is it that you are particularly good at now, please?
    BONNIEsansCLYDE Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2008, 02:01 PM
    First of all, you've got to be good at it. Then, get with others who dig your style and start a band or collabo. PRACTICE!! Make a demo, book gigs at local clubs,(and non- local when you get a little established) if you're any good, you'll get a following. Go for it!
    midnightcoyoty Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Try and get a band together and send it to some record companys. But becareful what you do
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2008, 03:11 AM
    Please also read the other posts that have been posted concerning your question as there have now been nearly two pages of them. Thanks!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 1, 2008, 03:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Please also read the other posts that have been posted concerning your question as there have now been nearly two pages of them. Thanks!
    Oops... I think it was another post with the same question Cloughy. Someone had jumped in on someone else's question. I thought it was this one!

I'm mad at you C. you didn't wish me a happy B'day... LOL! Joking! ;)
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2008, 03:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8
    Oops...I think it was another post with the same question Cloughy. Someone had jumped in on someone else's question. I thought it was this one!

I'm mad at you C., you didn't wish me a happy B'day...LOL!! Joking! ;)
    Oh, please don't be mad at me, starby! I have had great connection problems, so, haven't been on very much in the past many days.

When was your birthday?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a Singer Sewing Machine "singer merritt 4525" us a free motion foot [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I saw one that's cleaver and free-motion sewing machine foot being use. My sewing machine is a singer merrit 4525. Can I use a free-motion foot on it? Also, Does anyone know a place online to get or lookat a free manual for that model? Thank for the help, Kathy Hamann

How can I Become A Famous Singer? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi!! My Name is Genny and I am 11 yrs old. I have an AMAZING voice. People are always saying that I should be famous for singing! But there are a few problems. One, I can't find any agent:confused: . Two, I don't know if my family could afford for me to be in any contests if they cost a lot of...

How do I become a famous singer? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a band and singers, but how do I start performing?? How do I become famous?:confused:

I want to become a famous singer and sing pop music [ 2 Answers ]

Hey my name is sarah. I am 15 years old and I love to sing. I just don't know where to start.I am going to be taking singing lessons really soon but I want to make a career out of it and be famous and on stage singing my heart out.. I want to sing pop music like hannah Montana.! :) :)

View more questions Search