Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LindsayMowerRepair Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2008, 10:12 AM
    My chainsaw won't idle.
    My Craftsman's chainsaw starts but idles at high RPM's and won't idle down. Could this be caused by excessive varnish in the carburetor? Thank you LindsayMowerRepair
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2008, 11:24 AM
    Are you a shop or what?
    You need to check for a binding throttle cable, debris, the idle set screw adjustment, the low speed jet adjustment, the air filter, the diaphrams, etc...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best Chainsaw [ 4 Answers ]

I own a craftsman chainsaw w/3.3hp and 20inch bar. I have owned this saw for 20 years and I am looking to replace it.. I am looking to replace it with a like size saw but I want to purchase the best saw for my buck... I am looking at Craftsman, Stilh, Husqvarna, and Shindaiwa. All comments are...

Vintage Craftsman Chainsaw [ 4 Answers ]

I have just received a very old craftsman chainsaw. This saw has a 36" bar, is operated by two individuals, and the motor is 2-stroke using 30w motor oil mixed with gas according to a plate attached to the saw. The model is 351.24600. Can you help me find vendors that sell parts and info on this...

Lightweight Chainsaw? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm small, about 5'2", 115 pounds, and have back problems. I also have an eighth of a mile long driveway across which trees fall every winter. I could really use a lightweight chain saw to clear the light stuff--7-9 inch redwood branches, 12-14 inch tan oaks and redwoods. I also have two sons who...

Craftsman chainsaw [ 4 Answers ]

What is ratio of oil/gas mix ?

Chainsaw dilemma [ 3 Answers ]

I have a shindaiwa chainsaw that I haven't started lately... It is a 2 cycle. I would like To know if it is okay to use just a touch of starter spray in the spark plug area to try and Get it fired up. Thanks for the input... Kellyw.

View more questions Search