Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ramadevi Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 02:32 AM
    Sql Vs. oracle
    Sir,

Would u explain the differences between the oracle and sql, as while working with oracle v r using sql and then executing our command.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 27, 2007, 07:39 AM
    SQL (Structured Query Language) is a programming language used to manage data in SQL compliant databases. Oracle is a SQL compliant database.

There are different dialects of SQL, with database providers adding proprietary commands.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oracle [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I just installed Oracle 9i,I have been working on oracle since one year(in college).At that time I was not requiring to use the oracle options i.e. I did'nt needed to specify which database serivice to use and all that I just had to run query in SQL *plus. At this time I am working...

My sql [ 1 Answers ]

How can I create user name and password In Ms Sql (using query analyzer) as we do in Oracle.

SQL Server [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can find a bit of a tutorial on the web about creating a database in SQL server 2000?

Sql 2000 sp3 issue [ 0 Answers ]

REWARD: $40.00 to anyone who can solve this. Microsoft is having difficulty with the resolution!!! The Problem... :-/ The problem experienced when we upgraded to SQL Server 2000 and is isolated to a very obscure set of circumstances.  When a nested recordset is created using the same table in...

View more questions Search