Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patmac13 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2004, 11:09 AM
    Exercises to do when you are overweight
    My sister is very overweight around the middle but her back stops her from doing sit ups , she can't walk more than about 20 steps and she has to stop. She had back surgery 2 years ago and she is still in pain. She is 58 yrs old and has had panic attacks and anxiety attacks when you least expect it.. she has to lose weight because the weight is around her heart. Is there an exercise that she can do that really won't bother her back that much but will help. Does riding a standard bike help? If so how often should I make her do it, any suggestions will help
    samunder_2000 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2005, 11:12 AM
    Go for yoga
    Yoga is a great solution to lose weight, get fit as well as calm down. It is injury free as well. All the best :-)
    trainer0226 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Nov 17, 2005, 06:07 PM
    Work out
    First off see a doctor before you start any type of workout. The ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) now recommends that a person get at least 30mins of cardio workout most days of the week. Cardio being anything that gets your hear rate up. However, because of being really over weight I would recommend talking to your doctor before starting.. . Another thought is that a personal trainer might be the best way to go. I would recommend someone who is ACSM certified. (They are required to have a BS in a health related field.)
    Shidoshi Posts: 71, Reputation: 4

Dec 5, 2005, 12:43 PM
    I know about Yoga but have you ever tried Tai-Chi ? I think its best way to get into shape both physically and mentally. Also, try to follow a diet program and watch closely what you eat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tummy toning and exercises [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 5'6" 19 years old and 135-140 pounds. I'm not looking to loose a ton of weight or anything but I was wondering what exercises can be done to flatten your belly... I don't feel overweight I just want to have a nice toned mid-driff... could you also tell me how they are done (the exercises) thank...

Exercises and heart disease [ 3 Answers ]

I think I have problems with my heart because I have chest pains and left arm pains too,also arythmic beats of the heart.but I love bodybuilding and I am a beginner in it ,do 45 minutes including 15 minutes warm-up harm my heart more.my barbell is 40 kg and my dummbell 8 kg

Overweight Pomeranian [ 4 Answers ]

Am caring for a neighbor's 5-year-old neutered male Pom. Vet told neighbor that dog is overweight. We need to know what dog's weight should be in order to use feeding charts to help dog loose the excess weight. Does anyone know how to determine this dog's ideal weight?

I'm about 60 pounds overweight [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question, if anyone can help me that would be great. I want to find a really good way for me to exercise but my problem is this. I had a c-section when I had my son and now I have my lower stomach hanging a bit , most of my weight is from that are to my chest, I have large...

Quadracep Exercises [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to strenghthen my quads using an at home exercise. I don't have access to a gym. Any suggestions? Thanks. >>>Marco

View more questions Search