Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michael_martin22 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2007, 10:34 PM
    Military advise
    As I've posted before, I'm currently trying to get out of the army, JAG already kicked back my paperwork back twice. I'm wondering if anyone knows if I can just go back up to the mental health people up at the hospital and to just tell them to sign some kind of paper saying that: at least if the army won't let me go, it would be in the best interest of the army to leave this soldier in the rear d. because this past week, we got word that in the winter of 08' we are going to iraq for 15 months. So, if anyone knows anything... let me know. Thanks.:confused:
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Jul 30, 2007, 08:06 PM
    I'm sorry I didn't see your previous post but to get out of an Iraq deployment is really hard even with a mental health issue. Have you tried to go MB?
    otto186 Posts: 152, Reputation: 14

Jul 30, 2007, 08:15 PM
    Myself personally, I am a Petty Officer Third Class in the United States Navy. To me, it sounds like you are just wanting to not go to Iraq. But, if that's the case you should have thought of that before you signed the contract.

If you do have a true mental health problem, I apologize. The best thing for you to do, is to work with medical. Navy, Army, Marine Corps, they're all a pain in the a$$. You will have to be evaluated by a psychiatrist, and if the psychiatrist feels that you do have a mental problem, and it's a threat to yourself or someone else, then I don't see any problem with you being medically separated, or put on a LIMDU status.
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Jul 30, 2007, 08:17 PM
    Forget been out awhile JAG gets a hold of them first. How much time do you have left on this enlistment? If you have a caring command or at least a person in your chain of command aware of your condition they should petition that you not go. We had a few people stay back for those kind of reasons. We had a few other get themselves out but I rather not post that here. The only up I can see in going to Iraq is that it is a good way to save money.
    otto186 Posts: 152, Reputation: 14

Jul 30, 2007, 08:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrb252000
    Forget been out awhile JAG gets a hold of them first. How much time do you have left on this enlistment? If you have a caring command or at least a person in your chain of command aware of your condition they should petition that you not go. We had a few people stay back for those kind of reasons. We had a few other get themselves out but I rather not post that here. The only up I can see in going to Iraq is that it is a good way to save money.

I agree with you in one aspect if you have a medical condition and a good chain of command then the service member should be squared away.

Like I said before if you didn't want to go to Iraq, you shouldn't have signed the contract to enlist in a military branch.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2007, 07:48 AM
    What were the terms of your initial commitment? You will not be released until your current enlistment with them expires. If it means going to Iraq in the meantime, c'est la vie. Of course, the army can give you a medical discharge at its discretion. But don't hold your breath waiting for one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Military Wedding [ 8 Answers ]

Hi all, I am planning to have a military wedding sometime next year in the fall. My husband and I got married last year June and due to his deployment we decided to hold off on the actual wedding itself. Now he is deployed and when he returns we would like to have a wedding I am new to military...

Military rules [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone would the military accept a person into it's services that is a hermaphrodite ?

Military Contracts [ 3 Answers ]

If an individual is in the middle of a contract with one branch of service in the military is there anyway they can switch to another brach and serve the remainder of the contract with that different branch. If not is there a way to legally terminate one military contract to engage in a new one...

Military wedding [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the Marine Corps. My wedding is planned for after I get out. Can I still have a military wedding after getting out?

View more questions Search