Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mayberry01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2015, 06:20 PM
    How do apply for help for my mom some dentures
    My mother is 85 years old on medicare' she have no teeth of her own which make it hard for her to eat.medicare does not pay for dentures, a very small pension I need help for her
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 11, 2015, 06:57 PM
    Why doesn't she have Medicaid too?
    All questions are going to pertain to her income and assets. You might want to talk to her town social worker, who can at least put her in touch with the right agencies.
    Eating without teeth doesn't have to be difficult if she has a small food processor. The only concern is handling the very sharp blade.
    Even fresh vegetables can be cut into small pieces and cooked longer than usual.
    Fish is easy to eat. Chicken and beef and be cut into slivers with scissors, before or after cooking.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2015, 07:10 PM
    And with everything else said and if there is no help to be had. She's your mom... help her pay for a set. (even if she doesn't want the help) Small price for all she's done for you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 11, 2015, 11:01 PM
    In the US, there are many denture companies, that only do dentures and do some models at a low cost, and even allow you to make payments.

With that said, there is no reason she can not eat almost anything. No need for a food processor.

I do not have any teeth, have not for about 8 or 9 years. I do own dentures, but almost never use them. Only for photos and business meetings.

I can eat fried chicken, (not a problem) well cooked steak, and almost anything. Corn on the cob I have to use a knife and take off the cob, or cut the cob into about 2 inch parts to eat.

I have many friends with no teeth and eating you would never know.

The only few things that give us an issue, salad and real fatty or tough meat

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I apply for dual citizenship in Greece if my mom has it? [ 4 Answers ]

My mom was born in Greece. She says that because I am her child, I also have it. Is this true? And, if not, how do I go about obtaining dual citizenship. I plan on traveling extensively to Greece and mom has a home and other property there that is being willed to her children. I will be the one...

What is the best time to apply green card for my mom who is in the USA now [ 1 Answers ]

My parents visited us (B2 visa) from China two months ago. I am US citizen. Their legal staying period is 6 month. Now my mom decided to live with us forever while my daddy still wanted to go back to China. So my question is: can I apply green card for my mom now (about 3.5 months left of their...

Lower dentures [ 1 Answers ]

I am on the way to getting upper and lower dentures. Can I have a lower denture made that will allow me to keep my 4 front teeth and replace all the others? My Eye teeth are crooked but the fronts are nice. Need advice Snowy

Dentures [ 4 Answers ]

I have dentures and have had them for about 4 years. I keep hearing that if they don't fit right it could be bad for my health. I do glue mine in but I don't really think that they don't fit. Is gluing them in all the time a bad thing to be doing?

Need dentures? [ 0 Answers ]

I am just starting with a new dentist after about 7 years of not seeing one. I have always had bad teeth and dental problems. The situation now is - On the top, I have 3 missing teeth, one tooth half-missing (fillings fell out and it is barely there), three loose teeth due to possible gum...

View more questions Search