Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wayne33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2010, 02:58 AM
    Why does my computer keep restarting when I load windows xp onto it
    I have put a new motherboard in my tower it all works but when I try and install windows xp my computer keeps restarting can anybody help
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 19, 2010, 05:38 AM

Are you doing a fresh install?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne33 View Post
    i have put a new motherboard in my tower it all works but when i try and install windows xp my computer keeps restarting can anybody help
    We need more details to help.

1) Is this a custom machine or a pre-built?
    2) If this is pre-built, what is the manufacturer and model?
    3) If it is custom, then please provide the specs.
    4) Do you currently have an OS installed?
    5) Are you using an upgrade disc, a full-install disc, or a recovery disc?
    6) When you say "it all works" do you mean the computer POSTS properly and is just in need of an OS? Or does it currently have an OS?
    7) Did you replace the motherboard yourself, or was it replaced under warranty?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 20, 2010, 04:59 PM

Please take a moment and go into setup mode.

In the list of startup settings look for the "No Restart on error" and select that.

What you are looking for is to get the system to stop and hold on the "Blue Screen of Death" so you can read the error message and relay the message to us.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My laptop keeps on restarting at when I load it up continuesly [ 2 Answers ]

I have a hp laptop which runs a windows xp. When I load it up it keeps restarting over and over again. I have tried running in safe mode and last good configurationbut I still get the same response. I have no idea what to do, can anyone help me please? I don't think I got a recovery disc with the...

My windows xp is restarting [ 3 Answers ]

I have I problem with my windows xp, my PC is restarting when ever it wants.. some times its working for days but sometimes it restarting 5 times in an hour.. I've tryied with linux and its not restarting under linux, but when I went back to XP it started restarting again

Windows XP Keeps Restarting; Won't Turn On [ 1 Answers ]

My sisters Windows XP Keeps Restarting itself... and a blue screen pops up... and goes away... soo fast I can'y read it I NEED HELP PLEASE :(

Windows keeps restarting [ 4 Answers ]

My windows keeps restarting itself.I think may be a virus but can't say for sure. Can Someone help out.. thanks

Windows XP will not boot - keeps restarting [ 17 Answers ]

Hello all! Thank you VERY much for taking the time to read about my issues I have been having! Thank you in advance for all your help! I built my first computer about 3 months ago and I am running on windows XP. As with building this computer for the first time everything went VERY smooth and I...

View more questions Search