Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimfun71 Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

May 27, 2007, 02:21 PM
    Windows security on old hard drive
    Hi All,
    I recently up graded my hard drive. I am using my old hard drive as a back up. I have done this three times before and it would always let me back in because I am the SYS ADMIN but this time it won't let me back in to my private folders. When I try to get in to anything that was under the ADMIN login it just says "folder not accessable. access denied.". I am logged in on the new copy of windows on the new hard drive as ADMIN. But it still won't let me in to the old HD admin folders. Any ideas on how to get my folders out or unlocked. Thanks a bunch,
    Jim
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

May 27, 2007, 02:57 PM
    I think you have to deselect "simple sharing" in the Folders option and then use the "take ownership" option to get access.

I haven't done it for ages but I'm pretty sure there's a guide on the Microsoft website.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace existing hard drive with upgrade to larger hard drive? [ 6 Answers ]

How do you replace existing hard drive for a larger one and how to save info on existing device?

BIOS/CMOS can find my second hard drive but Windows cannot [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all, I installed windows on a 1GB primary master hard drive and that is working fine. And now I am trying to attach a 40GB Seagate as a primary slave hard drive to put music and pictures and games and document etc on it. But the screen that first comes up when you press restart (not sure...

Partion on hard drive and unstable windows [ 1 Answers ]

I am using Windows XP pro. My primary hard drive is ATA 112 gig Partition C: is 30 gig with 8.7 free. D: has the remaining gig My new drive (designated H:) is 200 gig. I tried to use Partition Magic to enlarge the C: partition, but it reports that there are problems with the drive and it is...

Install Windows on Separate Hard Drive? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm adding an external hard drive to my system for extra storage. I'm unfamiliar with adding additional storage so this is a pretty basic question: do I need to install my copy of Windows on the new hard drive in order to get it to operate? Or can I save, retrieve, etc from the new drive with...

View more questions Search