Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Judicial123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2018, 10:33 AM
    Relationship dynamics with my mother
    What are possible pychological reasons behind my mother discrimination against me?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 8, 2018, 10:57 AM
    How does she discriminate against you? Please give a couple of examples.
    Judicial123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2018, 11:20 AM
    I have three brothers. She registered my brothers at a private university; she taught them driving; she bought them cars; she built them houses; she take care of them too much and cook what they like; she asked her brother to hire two of them at his company

For me; I was at an official university (free); I started working before them and I got a job that I need a car to go to it but she didn't taught me how to drive; I bought my own car from my own money; I financially contribute to the family; I do house work and they don't because I am a female and they are males. She doesn't care if I have a house or no! She built the house to our older brother; then skipped me and moved to my younger brother; and asked me to pay big amounts. I covered her travels and changed the furniture at the family house and she told my neighbor s that my brother did. She is careless about my things while she is not when it comes to my brothers' things. I always buy her expensive gifts and take care of her; take her out but she doesn't even count me when she cook. She use my things carelessly and ruin it then says it wasn't good. She is rude with me In front of the family while she is not with my brothers.
    I moved to another city and living in a shared rented apartment with my friends; but still I come find everything messy and dirty; and she always disturb me and frankly speaking I hope I can skip ruining my weekends by coming home and serve everybody. But I am emotional and this will also make me sad.
    Hope you understand me. I registered to this platform for the first time in my life to ask this question because I want to be happy. I am 31 years old; I have a good job; all people say that am very successful but am not happy. I don't think my success makes my mom happy, I guess she wishes it for my brothers..
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 8, 2018, 11:50 AM
    May I ask -- what nationality are you? The social norms of your country are very likely what is causing this -- e.g., male children are more valued than female.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 8, 2018, 12:05 PM
    I can only suggest you spend more time making yourself happy and a lot less trying to please your mom. It does sound very much that you are in a society that greater value is put on men than women, and your mom was raised that way. She probably went through the same thing that she is putting you through.

Where is your dad and how does he treat you? You make no mention of him, or your relationship with your brothers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Because he end a relationship with a girl his mother want ;rt mr no about it [ 7 Answers ]

Me and this boy is go and his mother wanted one of her bestfriends daughters for him but he end the relationship and told me does he;like me

Mother daughter relationship [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am new to this site. I am looking for some advice/insight. I am 31 years old I have no siblings and my dad died when I was 13. It was a massive heart attack totally unexpected we had happy little life my I have been pretty much out of the house since 16 yrs old she has had two men in her life...

My mother and I: Bad Relationship [ 9 Answers ]

I try so hard to make her happy, but nothing seems to work. Today my sister and I cleaned the entire house, and she came home and yelled at me for not finding the remote that my other sister lost yesterday. It is wearing on my patience, and we have a cycle where every month or two we get into a...

Son and mother relationship [ 3 Answers ]

Son went to marry and she left him at alter, he is now still talking to her, mom can't handle this

Frustrating relationship with my mother [ 4 Answers ]

Many adults expect respect from children but then my mother tells me that she doesn't have to respect me because I'm a child. Is it me or is this logic flawed? Don't I as a person deserve respect? And from no one else at LEAST from the only mother I have? My mother is constantly telling me what...

View more questions Search