Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dborak Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2014, 08:05 PM
    Phillips TV with net TV won't accept new wireless router?
    Phillips TV (40pfl4706) with net TV will not accept the new wireless router I had to get. Worked fine with old windstream router but not the new one. All other devices work with new router. TV just keeps giving me a "LAN feature is invalid " response. Any ideas will be appreciated.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 30, 2014, 07:20 PM
    Did you change the name of the connection or the type of connection?

Feb 8, 2014, 08:46 AM
    Yes... all other devices laptops,roku,tablets accept new connection but not the phillips(net tv) it keeps returning a "non valid LAN " message.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 8, 2014, 08:51 AM
    Have you made sure your set is running the latest updates, available here: 40PFL4706/F7 Philips LCD TV 40PFL4706 102cm/40" class Full HD 1080p digital TV with Pixel Precise HD - Philips Support
    Also is the new router setup the same way as the old one ?

Feb 8, 2014, 02:06 PM
    Yes routers are the same both from windstream .I will check on updates when I get back in town . Thanks for the ideas.

Feb 12, 2014, 03:07 PM
    Got the updates BUT still won't accept wireless however netflix will work if it is wired.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 12, 2014, 03:24 PM
    Worth checking the wireless standard you are using.
    Like the Nintindo DS only uses 802.11b so often wont connect to more modern routers without adjustment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it possible to change from a wired router to a wireless router just by changing ro [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to change from a wired router to a wireless router just by changing routers and not changing plans

Changing wireless router Linksys WRT54GS to a wired router [ 8 Answers ]

How can I disable my wireless router to a wired router. The model is a Linksys WRT54GS.My two computers are now in one room and do not need to be wireless.I will be using a 50ft. Cable. Does it make any difference if the color of the cable is blue or yellow ?

Net Gear wireless router [ 7 Answers ]

I have a netgear wireless router and have forgotten the password. I checked online and it states to push the reset button to reset the password however; there is no reset button. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks

Wireless router won't let me access certain domain/address [ 1 Answers ]

I have a D-Link wireless router which is servicing 2 laptops. I have trouble connecting to certain secure sites from the laptops but can do so fine with my main computer hard wired to the main router. I suspect the wireless router's default filtering/firewall is the culprit. How do I unset those...

Wireless router won't allow limewire or messenger [ 1 Answers ]

How do I configure DLINK 108G MIMO router to allow limewire or MSN Messenger on others on my wireless (home) network? Keep getting message saying firewall blocking. I can't seem to get anywhere.

View more questions Search