Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2007, 04:55 AM
    "web site" or "website"
    Google searching the two terms show 61% of pages use the term "web site" and the others use "website".

Many pages use both!

Just out of trivial curiosity, does anyone know of an "authority" who argues that it should be one or the other?
    jahnplay Posts: 83, Reputation: -1

Jan 3, 2007, 05:05 AM
    Its website one word

A website (or Web site) is a collection of web pages, typically common to a particular domain name or subdomain on the World Wide Web on the Internet

Website - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2007, 05:12 AM
    Even Wikipedia mentions the subject:

As noted above, there are several different spellings for this term. Although "website" is commonly used, the Associated Press Stylebook, Reuters, Microsoft, academia, and dictionaries such as Oxford and Merriam-Webster use the two-word, capitalised spelling "Web site". This is because "Web" is not a general term but a shortened form of "World Wide Web". An alternative version of the two-word spelling is not capitalised. As with many newly created terms, it may take some time before a common spelling is finalised. (This controversy also applies to derivative terms such as "Web master"/"webmaster".)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 3, 2007, 08:58 AM
    You say po tay to and I say po tah to. You say to may to and I say to mah to. Po tay to, po tah to, to may to, to mah to oh lets call the whole thing off!
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2007, 09:09 AM
    I'm from Ahia. I say Tater :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Pink pill with "watson" and "502" on it [ 2 Answers ]

What kind of pill is pink and has watson 502 on it?

Heater blows cold when "On", not at all on "Auto" [ 1 Answers ]

Our gas heater is 7 years old, and has worked fine in the two years we've rented here. This winter though, we can't get it to work consistently. When on "Auto", it doesn't turn on at all, no matter what temperature we select, and when we turn the fan to "On", it simply blows cold air. It...

Bot "Attacking" My Web Site [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I've recently been working on my web site. As part of this site I have a shoutbox (on front page) and a contact me page. The contact me page creates an email and sends that off using PHP. Anyway, if you take a look at the page and view the shoutbox, I have a load of rubbish in there...

View more questions Search