Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2006, 12:17 AM
    Im at my wits end here :(
    I need Help.
    I could cry over this matter. I feel I have no way out currently.

Here's my story.

When I lived in UK for 6 years I had such a challenging well paid job. I was a mortgage consultant and I gained lots experience and also a boost to my personality.

Anyway to cut a long story short, now I'm back home, been here 2 years and I'm stuck in this boring brain dead job. Im a receptionist for the largest project company. The thing is my colleagues are great, it's a good atmosphere to work in, but I don't have a great pay (well most pays here at home are not that great unless you are qualified). Im bored.. big time bored.

The sad part is I wanted to start studying again. Event Management. Seems very interesting but I can't afford it. I just moved into my new home with my hubby and all our money goes on that apartment, which is good but I feel let down for some reason as I decide to do something good for myself and I can't bl**dy pay for a course to get me out of this boring job.

Unforuntaly here at home, unless you have lots of qualifications behind you, you are kind of stuck ( now I wish I studied more when I was younger ). I have lots and lots of experience but only the general O levels. Nothing particularly great. So even if I left this current job.. What could I do?

Im fed up of being a receptionist/secretary.. doing photocopies, binding, answering calls, stationery orders and all this boring stuff...

Anyone have any ideas? I so want to study but I can't afford it. I can't study full-time because my husbands wage cannot support me, him and the flat! :(
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2006, 06:16 AM
    No one :(
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 5, 2006, 06:23 AM
    How do you mean you can't afford it? You can't afford to pay for school?

What about night classes while you work? Why not go to school part time while you work?

Does your government provide any grants or money for students?
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2006, 06:30 AM
    Thanks Janine,

At the moment we are very tight for cash, so even to spend say 200 pounds on a course is too much for us right now.
    Yes I would intend to study part-time after work.
    Re: government grants, I'm not so sure actually, probably only for full-time students who do not work and need help :(
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2006, 06:37 AM
    I know where you are coming from, it's the old problem of wanting to get more education but you cannot handle the loss of income added to the high price of higher education.

Perhaps a different job is indeed the solution, one that is more challenging for you. The best time to look for a job is when you have one; this way you can do it at your leisure and you're still receiving an income. Sometimes one changes jobs and finds that the new job is awesome even though it wasn't the exact route we had planned.

I'm sure you'll get some other good opinions here in a short while.
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2006, 06:49 AM
    Thanks NK.
    You understood my problem completely.

The only problem about this is that the reason I want to study is to get further in my career. I don't have many qualifications behind me and unfortuntaley here in Malta qualifications are far more worthy than experience.

I have lots of experience to be proud of but here its no use, I couldn't go and work in a Marketing dept because I don't have the qualifications but I have the experience.

It sucks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At Wits End [ 18 Answers ]

We have an eight year old son, whom we adopted at age 15 months. He had health problems due to his inutero exposure, which I do not care to elaborate on. He never bonded with his caretakers up to those 15 months. He can be very pleasant, and 'people pleasing', however, he does not want to be told...

View more questions Search