Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fr8linedave Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2010, 05:34 AM
    Ask it total cost for my girl in Italy to live in Canada she say's $1500 plus Air ?
    I have been writing a very sweet woman in Italy. Now we all know how crazy it can be to send money overseas to a person you only know through the Internet. I have been through the worst time in my life and have been alone since my only child died . She knows everything about me but I don't seem to know her as much. She said she needed $1500.00 for Blood ,criminal check ,visa, and something els. Is she correct or is this way too much. I live in Canada if any one can help you would make me happy if she truthful or sad . Better than sad ,broke and jumping off heart break Bridge >Removed<
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2010, 05:40 AM
    Sadly this sounds like a typical scam, juts coming form a different location than the usual one (Ghana). Seems to be that if I met someone over the internet I'd try to meet them in person first before starting immigration motions. She shouldn't need any of that just to fly out of her country.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 13, 2010, 05:57 AM
    Italy, is that a new suburb in Ghana ;)

Anyway the requirements for Europeans travelling to Canada is a visa and valid passport, so $200 tops!
    The rest is FANTASY.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2010, 07:33 PM

Who's paying for the air fair?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 15, 2010, 07:57 PM

If the 1500 included the air fare maybe,

But yes, are you even sure she is in Italy, do you have a IP address, have you called her on the phone, written her a real letter to a real address there.

If the money you are sending is western union, they can pick it up from anywhere in the world, no matter where they say they are at.

Some of the tists to the scam is that they are in other nations, and may have to return to some nation, or they claim to be in other places ( since Ghana is getting too well known) so they claim to be in France or somewhere to get money sent Western Union.

Also not sure what it is hard about sending money over seas, I send money to church friends all over the world, they have banks, they deposit our checks ( and pay a exchange fee)
    My checks, Money orders have worked for me to almost every nation I can think of

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US citizen looking to relocate to Florence, Italy to live & work? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an interest to live & work abroad in Florence and would like suggestions of the current employment status in Florence, Italy. My professional background is in two industries -- Fashion industry and Media industry. I was laid off and would like to pursue my long term goal now which is to...

Logan corporation had total variable cost for $180,000, total fixed cost for $160,000 [ 1 Answers ]

logan Corp. had total variable cost of $180,000, total fixed cost of $160,000 and a total revenues of $300,000. Compute the required sales in dollars to break even.

View more questions Search