Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janelucarell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2008, 04:55 PM
    what is the approximate value of a francis bacon baby grand piano
    Thanks in advance for answering this question. I have a baby grand piano in good shape and would like to know its approximate worth.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2008, 02:03 AM
    I do apologize for not noticing your question sooner. I have been a piano tuner technician since 1974.

How old is the piano? And, what is it's specific horizontal length in inches please, from the front end of the keyboard to the end of the curved end of the rear of it? There are many factors to be considered when trying to find a monetary value of a piano. Knowing the answers to those two questions first, will then lead us to other questions and information that will be of value in determining the monetary value of the instrument.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2008, 06:06 PM
    I do hope that you return so that we can have some discussion about your piano. Currently, I am restoring a very old Francis Bacon Upright Piano for a customer. I have also restored quite a few grand pianos as well as estimated an approximate value for many pianos.
    melissav Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2012, 02:19 PM
    Hello: I have down sized to a condo recently and no longer have room for my 1928 Francis Bacon Baby Grand piano.:( It has been in my family since the
    1940s and my family and I have taken excellent care of our piano. I had the wt keys replace, blk keys are original, and the entire interoir redone 10 years ago. The wood is a blonde color (original) with just a few marks here and there, however, overall this piano is in awesome condition! :) Please let me know what you might think it is worth and possiblly some ideas on who I should contact when I go to sell it.
    Please feel free to contact me via email or you can call me directly at, 206-854-5632.
    Thank you for your help in advance,
    Melissa Vrbanac

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1931 Francis Bacon baby grand piano [ 29 Answers ]

I would like to know a price and/or history on a 1931 Francis Bacon baby grand piano.

Approximate yield to maturity and cost of debt [ 2 Answers ]

Airborne Airlines, Inc. has a $1,000 par value bond outstanding with 25 years to maturity. The bond carries an annual interest payment of $78 and is currently selling for $875. Airborne is in the 30% tax bracket. The firm wishes to know what the aftertax cost of a new bond issue is likely to be....

Thumb Piano [ 29 Answers ]

I took a craft class in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma a few years ago and purchased and painted a Thumb Piano. It only has 8 keys and the board is solid wood, not four sides with sound opening. Very simple in design. I have searched trying to find how to order more but all I see are made from either...

View more questions Search