Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DonnaDay Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2007, 10:47 PM
    SOL applies where?
    Does the SOL on a credit card debt refer to the state one currently lives in or the state where the original contract was made? Depending upon the answer, I have some debts that are either well expired or just about to be from what I read in the link in the help topic at the top of the page (4 yrs or 6 yrs depending). If it has, or when, the SOL runs out, can the collection agencies still contact me if I notify them that I know the SOL is up? Does it matter that I have never paid on these debts or acknowledged in any form to the collection agencies? The last payments and any acknowledgement made to thesde debts were to the original creditors in a period from 2001-2002 before they went to collections and before they went to any collection agency.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2007, 03:52 AM
    Read this post:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/bankru...yi-105295.html
    DonnaDay Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2007, 09:01 AM
    OK, I read over it again. It did answer my last questions about sending a notice that the SOL is up, sorry about that. As for the SOL itself it just says "your state". I'm going to assume it means the state you currently live in because that's where they would have to sue you right? I just want to make surebecause it doesn't seem totally unreasonable to me that either state's law could apply, like if one SOL is longer it might prevail Thank you
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2007, 09:03 AM
    Your state is correct, so that the court can have jurisdiction over the matter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the SOL [ 9 Answers ]

First of all I live in Ontario Canada I have numerous debts and from reading this area I have seen 6 year SOL and 2 year S0L as of jan 04 what is it? Also (two parter here) to my understanding someone can make a statement of claim against you up to 6 years (or 2 years depending on the first part...

Sol [ 2 Answers ]

What are the SOL for judgments in the state of NY, I recently filed a small claims for monies that are being executed through my husbands payroll for an old medical bill. Monies that should have been originally paid by insurance. When this originally went to court I was not given enough time...

Continuity tester that applies load [ 3 Answers ]

As we know, you can do a continuity test on automotive wiring that shows good, but due to a high resistance connection, it won't carry a load. Some months ago on one of the car shows on Speed Channel, they touted a neat tool (about $100) that can put a load on the wiring circuit to locate the...

GA or Fla which State Tax applies [ 1 Answers ]

We have been living in Fla for the last four years solely. This year we purchased a home in the Ga mtns. For our second Home. We had to get a Ga drivers license in order to purchase A tag for the auto we'll be leaving here. We still have Fla tags That will be purchased on Fla only license. We...

Which state tax applies to me [ 1 Answers ]

I am on H1B Visa. My employer a consulting services firm based in Texas. I am working for a client of my employer who is in Vireginia. My wife works and stays in West Virginia. I used to stay in Texas and visits my wife in westvirginia on week ends. Due to my services for the client company in...

View more questions Search