Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bswanson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 11:40 AM
    Destination Wedding
    I am a maid of honor at a destination wedding, there will not be any one else coming except the bride, groom, best man, myself and the father of the bride. I am not sure if it is appropriate to have a shower for her or not?
    victoria_mitchell Posts: 242, Reputation: 32

Oct 22, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Well only you can really answer that question. Would she want a bridal shower? I know I would...
    cchotiner333 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Oct 22, 2007, 12:59 PM
    I think you should have a shower for her. My hubby's cousin and his then fiancé had a bridal shower when they wouldn't be home for the actual wedding. It was nice to be involved and help them celebrate even though we wouldn't be able to be there for the wedding vows. I hope this helps you decide, the families would probably appreciate it.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Oct 22, 2007, 01:07 PM
    I would host a shower. A friend of mine planned to elope to Vegas (just her and hubby) but her mom threw a shower. We all knew she was eloping (so no one expected a wedding invite) and it was actually quite fun with a Vegas theme itself. :)

People like to come and see the bride... especially since they won't be at her wedding, but this way they can "send her off" right!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My family upset about destination wedding [ 5 Answers ]

I have dilema. My fiancé and I decided a year ago when we got engaged that we wanted a wedding that reflected who we are and what we love. We decided to have a destination wedding in Cuba with our kids. We invited people to join if they wanted to share in our day and enjoy time on the beach. We...

Court House Wedding or Back Yard Wedding? [ 18 Answers ]

We are on a limited budget as far as our wedding goes. We want to spend more money on the rings and honeymoon than the wedding. So, we want something intimate and special but small. So these were the two options that we were thinking: 1. A small ceremony in his parent's backyard. There...

Destination Wedding w/ Military Groom and Groomsman [ 1 Answers ]

We are having a destination wedding in the Caribbean. My fiancé is in the Army and wants to wear his dress blues. The Groomsmen will be wearing more casual attire (khaki's and a white shirt). One of his groomsmen is also in the Army, and is of a higher rank than my fiancé. Does the Groomsman need...

Fav Holiday Destination [ 17 Answers ]

Ok all, Never started a thread like this and it has probably been done but just thought id ask. What is everyone's favourite holiday destination in the world. Ill start. Im from oz and it is long way to the travel anywhere but I've been lucky enough to do a bit. Mainly Europe and Asia.

Destination file is write protected [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I'm trying to install a program and I'm getting this error message Warning - Can not copy file D:\temp\SETUP1.EX_ since the destination file is write protected I click Ok then another message appear Invalid command-line parameters. Unable to continue Then Setup wasn't complete...

View more questions Search