Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unhappyfather Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2012, 03:28 PM
    Can I sign over my parental rights if the mother will not let me see my kids
    Can I sign over my rights if the mother of my kids will not let me see them
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 18, 2012, 03:32 PM
    It is a myth that you can sign over rights, if the mother is remarried and has a new husband that wants to adopt, THEN you can sign over rights.

And even if you signed over rights (without adoption) somehow, you still pay child support. So why do you want to sign over rights, what you want is not to pay child support correct. Since if you don't see child, you don't use rights, so at this points rights don't matter.

The issue here is seeing child most likely, so you make her allow you, what days are you suppose to see the child according to the court ordered visitation plan you got when you went to court for custody of child ?

If your answer is you don't have one, that is your issue, not rights, you are just not enforcing your rights,
    If you have a court order, take her back to court for contempt for not allowing the visits

Oct 18, 2012, 03:44 PM
    We never went to court for anything , we we're never married, we had a agreement the last 3 years on me seeing the kids every other weekends and so on. And up until she stop letting me see the kids 1 month ago I paid her support for the kids and half of school , sports, etc. she has no reason to keep me from my kids other then she is just trying to hurt me. She does things like is often.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 18, 2012, 03:48 PM
    You made a mistake in not going to court. But that's the bottom line. You want to see the kids you go to court and get the court to order visitation.

Oct 18, 2012, 03:50 PM
    She is the kind of person that will keep me in court , and I still won't be able to see them, her mom and dad has the money to keep me in courts , I do not have that kind of money.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 18, 2012, 05:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by unhappyfather View Post
    she is the kind of person that will keep me in court , and i still wont be able to see them, her mom and dad has the money to keep me in courts , i do not have that kind of money.
    It's not about who has the most money. You petition for visitation. It's either granted, or it isn't. If it's granted and she doesn't adhere to the court order, you charge her.

Bottom line, unless she has a husband that wants to adopt the child, there's no way for you to sign over your rights, and if you stop paying child support you'll end up in court anyway.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 18, 2012, 05:48 PM
    So walk away. There are no court orders at this point.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sign over parental rights to keep from having my rights terminated legally [ 2 Answers ]

I have been falsely accused of child abuse and awaiting my turn in court to prove my innocence. In the meantime the local dhs is trying to terminate my rights and split all of my children up. Can I give my parental rights to a close friend ?I live in Iowa

I want to sign over my parental rights [ 7 Answers ]

I want to sign all my rights over to my sons mom

Can the mother of her 20 yr old son make him sign over his parental rights? [ 2 Answers ]

So I'm 4 months pregnant with my ex-boyfriends child. I'm am 22, he is 20. His mother blames me for the entire pregnancy, saying that I'm trying to ruin her sons life, trap him.. etc. She then goes on to say that she's making him have a paternity test done once the child's born and immediately...

What rights does a parent give when they sign over parental rights? [ 2 Answers ]

When I was 16 my mom signed over her parental rights, I am now 23 and have a kid. What rights to her grand kid does she have?

Can I sign off my parental rights [ 27 Answers ]

I have 2 kid that live in Washington state and I live in houston I want to sign off my rights can you do that or not I was told the only way was if my ex wife got married and the man wanted to adoped my 2 kids can anoy help me with this

View more questions Search