Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bbass Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2006, 06:32 AM
    Duerr log splitter
    Who actually makes a Duerr log splitter?I need owners manual but can't locate yhat brand name
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Dec 4, 2006, 12:23 PM
    I believe they were out of spokane Washington. Possibly purchased by another company, MTD? They don't look to be an aggressive company anymore. www.outdoordistributors.com
    Try them.
    Thanks
    bcheney52 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 10:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bbass
    Who actually makes a Duerr log splitter?I need owners manual but can't locate yhat brand name
    Did you ever find out?
    bbass Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 05:20 AM
    No I never found out.I went to a website for log splitter questions and they told me it was made by MTD but when I went to their site their was no such model.So I'm still stuck.It runs great and all that but I like to do what the manufacturer recommends.Any help would be appreciated
    peadybob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2008, 12:25 PM
    Duerr design & engineering frazier park ca 800-445-2222 I have and old and still strong splitter I do not know if they are still in business good luck
    nukinround Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2012, 06:02 PM
    I've have a Duerr log splitter & have used it for many years without any problems. I do have the manual if anyone if interested
    Gadget77015 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2012, 06:47 AM
    I have a Manual for Model Numbers ( Pro/20 240-622-003) 424/LCD/22
    And (240-623-003, Would this help At bottom of page is printed ( DUERR/MTD Products INC P.O. Box 360900 Cleveland, Ohio 44136. This unit I had bought used back in 1991 from a feed store which I used to rent it from, It's a 22ton with a 5hp briggs and color blue and silver, Still works Great.

Richard
    Houston,TX
    dennisjpe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2012, 03:18 PM
    Where do I find the model # for the splitter. Mine has a 10 HP Techumson engine - that is all I know! Any help is appreciated?
    mgc_5678 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2013, 06:46 PM
    @dennisipe - Did you ever get an answer? I need to do a repair and need to find parts. I couldn't find the model number either, only the serial no. good luck...

Jan 28, 2013, 07:06 PM
    Never received an answer to my question. I will be headed to where the splitter is housed tomorrow - and will do some further investigation on the device and see if I can find out more going over it with a fine tooth comb. I may have a fix for my problem as well - but that will be for this problem. Next time their may not be a fix or band aid approach to the problem!

Jan 28, 2013, 07:08 PM
    Never received an answer to my question. I will be headed to where the splitter is housed tomorrow - and will do some further investigation on the device and see if I can find out more going over it with a fine tooth comb. I may have a fix for my problem as well - but that will be for this problem. Next time their may not be a fix or band aid approach to the problem!Thanks everyone for any and all help![/QUOTE]
    Texaslogger Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2013, 06:39 AM
    Can anyone supply me with correct hydraulic oil filter replacement for a Duerr model 241-521-003
    Log splitter year 1991.
    Thanks
    Vicduke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2013, 05:41 PM
    I have an owner manual for the Duerr Log Splitter Model 240-622-003 it was purchased in 1989 by my father-in-law it still works we now have it. The back of the manual say you can obtain parts from Marrs Brothers Inc, 423 E Jefferson, Dallas, Tx 75203, 214-948-7387. I did find then when I googled them.

Apr 8, 2013, 07:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicduke View Post
    I have an owner manual for the Duerr Log Splitter Model 240-622-003 it was purchased in 1989 by my father-in-law it still works we now have it. The back of the manual say you can obtain parts from Marrs Brothers Inc, 423 E Jefferson, Dallas, Tx 75203, 214-948-7387. I did find then when I googled them.
    Thanks...
    I have found the correct hydraulic oil filter for my model 241-521-003 Duerr log splitter. Northern hydraulics sells a Cross 10 micron filter # 1A9021 for $10 plus shipping. It was an exact replacement for my model.
    Log splitter is

Apr 8, 2013, 07:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicduke View Post
    Thanks...
    I have found the correct hydraulic oil filter for my model 241-521-003 Duerr log splitter. Northern hydraulics sells a Cross 10 micron filter # 1A9021 for $10 plus shipping. It was an exact replacement for my model.
    Log splitter is now 22 yrs old, still has original Briggs&Stratton 5 horse engine and runs very nicely yet... Has split any log fed to it so far. Hydraulic seals on piston have not leaked at all. Paid $ 785 for it I believe.
    Flacory Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2013, 04:12 PM
    I have the Model Number 240-623-003 & would like to get the manuel online. Could you send me a copy? Thanks.
    Ross Ogden Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2013, 09:02 AM
    Hello!
    My name is Ross Ogden and I just purchased a Duerr 20 Ton log splitter and cannot locate any manuals. If there is any information that will help me I would really appreciate. Here is my email, [email protected].
    Thank you so much, Ross.
    Ross Ogden Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2013, 09:03 AM
    Ross Ogden
    My name is Ross Ogden and I just purchased a Duerr 20 Ton log splitter and cannot locate any manuals. If there is any information that will help me I would really appreciate. Here is my email, [email protected].
    Thank you so much, Ross.[/QUOTE]
    justdoinfun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2013, 11:20 AM
    I actually worked for Dueer back in the early 90's. In 1991 the company was in trouble and was facing lawsuits for malfuntions on the lawn chippers. By 1993 the company had closed and what remained was blended into another company.
    I am pretty sure anything to do with them is long gone. However I do believe Sears sold these units packaged under the Sears name in 1990 and 1991...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dual Monitors Adapter/Splitter [ 4 Answers ]

I have two PC monitors, and wish to connect them to one computer. I need a monitor splitter to do the job. However, I don't just want the ones that show the exat same images on the two monitors, but the ones I can use them seprately. In other words, I want to be able to do different things on the...

I can't log on runescape [ 5 Answers ]

When I try to log on it says You have tried to log in too many times please wait for 5 minutes and try again and when I try again it still deosnt work:( :mad: :( :mad:

Need a and file splitter and a DVD ripper [ 6 Answers ]

I need two softwares. 1. A File Splitter and Joiner 2. A DVD Ripper GB

Video files splitter... [ 2 Answers ]

Any advice from you guys... before I'm using virtualdub 1.3c/1.4c, nandub, virtualdubmod in cutting video files... now a days some new format I guess coming out... so these video can't cut nor open using virtual, even those video files that I can cut and open before, now there some error...

Help with log splitter [ 4 Answers ]

I'm attempting to build a log splitter. I finally got it all assembled and it works great but seems very slow. I have a briggs 5 hp motor, Haldex 11 gpm pump, cross 2500 psi valve and a lion 4x24 cylinder. I think the problem is the pump. Although it is a 2 stage it starts on the first stage and...

View more questions Search