Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roundstk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Salary vs hourly
    If a person is salary do they get paid 40 hours per week and no overtime?
    If they are hourly they only get paid the hours they work including overtime at time and a half.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 01:29 PM
    I have been both salary and hourly and that is how it always worked for me.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2008, 02:13 PM
    That is it in a nutshell, yes. Salaried employees though often work 50-60 hrs a week. Some get comp time and some do not. Even then, getting the comp time and getting to take the comp time can be two different stories.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Yeah I don't get overtime since my current position is salaried but I can leave pretty much whenever I want since I work a lot of hours and travel a lot for the company. So it pretty much works it's self out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abuse of Exempt (Salary) status [ 1 Answers ]

My husband works for a company that pays him salary. He is a general manager with this company. He is working anywhere from 60 to 70 hours a week. I had read somewhere that if a person is salary that they must work at least 50% of their time doing manager work. He is doing at least 70% of...

Salary vs Hourly, punching a clock on salary. [ 2 Answers ]

My company put me on salary a few years back. I still have to work overtime and I still have to punch a time card, I just dont get paid for any overtime hours. Also I have not gotten the standard raise that I used to get anymore. I was wondering is this fair practice?

Salary Vs. Hourly [ 5 Answers ]

I understand the difference between exempt and non-exempt and how to actually pay them, but are there any legal ramifications for not paying someone that is salary for a sick day if they have exhausted all of their paid time off benefits? Toni Davis [email protected]

View more questions Search