Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ilovemyboyscah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2011, 07:37 PM
    ? Parole Violation for the second time for a dwi?
    How much time can my fiancˇ get for violating parole for the second time for a dwi. Within a year coming home from the first violation for the same thing dwi?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 29, 2011, 08:46 PM
    The max they can get is the time that was given for probation. So if they had a year probation, they could get a year in prison, if they had three years probation they could get three years in prison.

That much time for a 2nd DUI is not likely but you asked how much could they get. Most likey it would be 30 to 90 days, put on stronger probation level and a Drinking program
    abby01 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2013, 01:30 PM
    I have a question what's most likely to happen if u gdt a first offense dwi and are on parole. Do they usually reinstate u..

That much time for a 2nd DUI is not likely but you asked how much could they get. Most likey it would be 30 to 90 days, put on stronger probation level and a Drinking program[/QUOTE]
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2013, 05:56 AM
    Hello abby:

I absolutely DISAGREE with you.. A FIRST DUI is liable to get you sent back to finish your sentence.. A SECOND DUI is CERTAIN to do that.

excon
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2013, 09:43 AM
    Depending on what state this is... a lengthy jail sentence can be involved.

If you didn't get that on the first... the second is certain to draw it... particularly in such a short time.

I've personally known people that have gotten a year in jail for that... and that's a full year... no time off for good behavior. No parole.

I've seen many more get a year each.. and saw them handcuffed in the courtroom and taken away straight from traffic court to jail. 30-90 days is a slap on the wrist if that's all you get where you live..

They will get more than violated on the first one. That second one is a new charge and will get extra time most likely.

Some states are tougher than others. That's up to the state laws and the presiding judges.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it a parole violation to move without telling your parole officer? [ 9 Answers ]

Please help! My husband and I have been separated for 4 yrs. He was in prison (assault and drug charges) for the last 2 years, and recently was released on parole. He claims to be living in Anderson county,TX and has all his home visits there. Thing is, he's living here in Smith County,TX with one...

How much time will he do for parole violation? [ 11 Answers ]

How much time is possible for the sentence on first time parole violation I'm ca? My boyfriend had a 5b special condition which means no alcohol. He blew 0.04 on parole sweep. He got transferred from county to prison to see parole board.. In Ca what is the possible sentence?

Violation of parole? Time served [ 5 Answers ]

Ok my boyfriend is in jail right now.charges cultivation of marijuana and a violation of parole. The court offered him timed severed. If he takes it will that mean he will still have to do a violation? Because that's what he's trying not to do...

In CA how much jail time if violation of parole is alcohol and they work in a bar [ 2 Answers ]

In CA what kind of violation jail time do people on parole with 2 strikes for working in a bar and it says not to be near alcohol? What is the jail time for a parole violation for working in a bar?? In CA how much jail time if violation of parole is alcohol and they work in a bar

View more questions Search