Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aduckart Posts: 32, Reputation: 6

Jan 23, 2007, 09:33 AM
    Honeymoon Debt
    I just got married in November and my husband and I have decided, since we are young and have the time, we would take our honeymoon in Australia. Before confirming the trip, we were well awareof the debt we would be in and have discussed the pros and cons for our future (a house and children).

What I'm looking for are suggestions to get out of this debt at quick and effectively as possible. We are aiming for 2010, which is only 3 years from now, so we are trying to gather money savings/payback schedule ideas to stay on that track!

Our next life step is to purchase a house. So with all that in mind, how can we effectively pay our debt off, while saving for our next big purchase - a house?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 23, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Without knowing your exact situation its really impossible to advise. We would need to know income, expenses, how much you expect to pay for a home etc.

Yourt best bet is consulting a financail advisor. But the bottomline is to budget. Make a list of all your fixed expenses and compare that to your income. Allocate a portion for emergencies or whatever expenses and the rest goes into savings or debt reduction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question #2 Debt Validation: Should I wait out and old debt? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Concerning the Debt Validation / Verification process: If a debt is due to expire (over 7 years old) in a couple of months, is it better to validate /verify it; or wait it out and then get it removed - that is, will the act of verifying the debt renew the life of the debt if it is proved...

Cc debt [ 2 Answers ]

I am being sued by a credit card company, what do I need to do, can't they take my house or car if I can't pay them?

Debt [ 4 Answers ]

I am 80 y/o with $50000 in credit card debt. I only get $800 social security a month. I am robbing Peter to pay Pay. My health is not well and this adds to my stress. I don't own a home, I live my daughter and her daughter. I have bought a used car in the past year and I am making those payments...

Who's Debt Is It? [ 3 Answers ]

My -H- and I were married for 21 years. During 99.9% of that time, I didn't work outside the home at his insistance! In fact, he threatened, several times, to divorce me if I got a job due to his fanatical belief in children needing a parent at home and his distrust of day-care. Three years ago,...

Honeymoon in Costa Rica [ 1 Answers ]

I'd like to buy travel insurance for my upcoming honeymoon, because my fiancee's mother is in the hospital. She is not in imminent danger of dying. 1) If she were to die (God forbid), before or during our honeymoon (just to be clear, my mother-in-law will not be along for the trip), would travel...

View more questions Search