Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elledanurse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2010, 05:54 PM
    What should I do with a child's ear piercing gone wrong?
    Got my 8 yr old's ears pierced at least 9 months ago or so, and she only changed earrings once. She complains the sites still hurt and when we removed these, the hole bled and looks "cruddy" for lack of a better word. We are leaving them out but it looks all built up in the back. What should we do?
    newlablover Posts: 120, Reputation: 10

Mar 6, 2010, 10:59 PM

What do you mean it looks all built up in the back? It sound like she might have an infection. Were the earring backs on too tight? How often did she clean them? Are you cleaning them now?
    1flwrgrl Posts: 15, Reputation: 4

Mar 8, 2010, 08:33 PM

Sounds like these are not healed yet. Did you take the earrings out and clean them and the ears each day after they were pierced??

We take a syringe and fill with alcohol or perioxide, then shoot this through the earring hole. It should actually shoot out the other side, not just drizzle down the side you are starting from.

Also wipe the front and back of ear with same, and soak the earring in the same while working on the ear. Put the earring back in, and be sure to do this in the morning and at night. I can't think this would take more than 10 days to get healed and dried out.

If it is turning into a health crisis, you may need antibiotics from your physician, but I think above should work, if you are able to do it several times/day.

If there is a scab on the back of the ear, or front for that matter, you can use some triple-antibiotic cream before putting the back on. Should help it not to stick, and heal at the same time.
    elledanurse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2010, 11:08 PM
    Wish she would let us, now she just refuses to put them back in and I'm lucky if she lets me clean her ears where the peircings were. Thanks for all your suggestions, and yes it is a bit "scabby" in the back of her ear peirce site. I guess not everyone was meant to have earrings...
    :(
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 11:53 PM

What kind of earrings are they? I can only wear the "sensitive solutions" or real gold earrings for more than a few hours at a time. If I wear anything else for more than a few hours my ears begin to hurt.

I would leave it up her if she wants to try putting the earrings back in or not. But regardless, her ears still need to be cleaned and a triple antibiotic cream was a great suggestion, with or without the earrings going back in. you're her mom, she doesn't get to decide if her ears will be cleaned or not, you do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ear Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I am wanting to know if I would still be able to get my other ear pierced if I had pierced it on my own about 4 years back but took it out right after piercing it,I am concerned that it could have possibly gotten tough inside and it would be unable to get a piercing needle through it but when I...

Ear piercing [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I'm having trouble again with my cartlage piercing. I am getting the same little gross bump near the piercing... I didn't poke it with a needle this time but it did break open on its own. I have been sleeping on it pretty much every night because I just got my industrial done on my other ear....

Ear Piercing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi so my friend got her ears pierced today and the lady at the station made them really uneven and the one was even drooping and crooked so her mom took the drooping bad one out and she is going to get them redone but how long should she wait because the lady at the place told her mom 24 hours but...

Ear Piercing hurting [ 1 Answers ]

I have my ears pierced 3 times and they were pierced quite a long time ago. My third piercing (it's not in the cartilage I don't think) is on the lobe just above the other 2 and right be4 it turns into cartilage. Well I haven't had earrings in the top 2 holes on both sides for almost 2 weeks. I...

Ear Piercing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 17 year old male living in Chandler, Arizona. I am going to ASU and my parents are in Connecticut and I'm staying with an aunt. I want to get my left ear pierced, but you need a parent and stuff to get it done it most places I've checked. I turn 18 in Nov, but I would like it done...

View more questions Search