Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toysruskid000 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 10:22 PM
    Independent seniors and home care business
    I have a business plan to help seniors stay independent and stay at home, but I need advise on how and where to go for this type of help? I need a dependable bigger vehicle and I need to know what it entails to get bonded and can I get any federal grant assistance or state? I have helped a few seniors and there are a lot more that need help.
    Any advise would be very appreciated..

[Personal email address removed for privacy.]
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2008, 01:55 AM
    Most likely, you are going to need a license to have any sort of home care business. Are you also thinking about transporting seniors around? What sort of care is it that you are wanting to help seniors with in their homes? Those are just a couple of questions that need to be answered here. I'm sure that others will come up with more.

It would also help us to help you the best, if you would let us know the location of where you plan to be operating this type of business because the laws will vary depending upon where you will be operating this type of business.

Apr 8, 2008, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Most likely, you are going to need a license to have any sort of home care business. Are you also thinking about transporting seniors around? What sort of care is it that you are wanting to help seniors with in their homes? Those are just a couple of questions that need to be answered here. I'm sure that others will come up with more.

It would also help us to help you the best, if you would let us know the location of where you plan to be operating this type of business because the laws will vary depending upon where you will be operating this type of business.

Thank you so much for answering.. I am in California and I am going to help them stay in there homes and do lite house cleaning and take them to the grocery store and check up on them because their familys are busy with their lives and careers they need some help with their aging parents.. there is a lot of baby boomers that are not sick or disabled enough to be put away in some home.. I already kept one out of a home because his family lived out of town.. and he really appreciated it.. he would have been miserable and gone nuts in a home.. I checked on him everyday with a phone call and took him to the doctors and grocery shopping and cleaned up his house once or twice a week . (the stuff he could'nt do.. he was 86.. I was told by a friend who is a nurse that I would just have to get bonded do you know what and how getting bonded is. Thanks again!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2008, 04:40 AM
    Dear toysruskid000,

You would need to consult the Yellow Pages of the phone book or an insurance agent who does full-coverage in order to get bonding. Are you sure that bonding is even required to do what you would like to do? Most likely, city officials where you will be working would be able to know about the bonding requirements, if there are any bonding requirements.

City officials where you would be working would also know about any licensing requirements that you might have.

If you are going to be transporting any seniors around in a vehicle, an insurance agent's advice would probably be the best to go by.

I know that I haven't helped you all that much here. But, the bottom line, for me would seem to me, that you really need to be consulting with those where you want to be providing the types of services that you want to provide about all of the requirements for it.
    Izannah Posts: 125, Reputation: 18

Apr 9, 2008, 04:47 AM
    You could also contact your local Health and Human Services Department. At least in Nebraska they do contract people to do "chore services" and help like you are describing. If they do not hire directly, they should at least be able to tell you how to get started. Or like Clough advised, you could consult your phone book and look for agencies that deal with the Aged and they should also be able to point you in the right direction.

Apr 9, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Dear toysruskid000,

You would need to consult the Yellow Pages of the phone book or an insurance agent who does full-coverage in order to get bonding. Are you sure that bonding is even required to do what you would like to do? Most likely, city officials where you will be working would be able to know about the bonding requirements, if there are any bonding requirements.

City officials where you would be working would also know about any licensing requirements that you might have.

If you are going to be transporting any seniors around in a vehicle, an insurance agent's advice would probably be the best to go by.

I know that I haven't helped you all that much here. But, the bottom line, for me would seem to me, that you really need to be consulting with those where you want to be providing the types of services that you want to provide about all of the requirements for it.

Thank you so much for helping me.. I will do that..

Apr 9, 2008, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Izannah
    You could also contact your local Health and Human Services Department. At least in Nebraska they do contract people to do "chore services" and and help like you are describing. If they do not hire directly, they should at least be able to tell you how to get started. Or like Clough advised, you could consult your phone book and look for agencies that deal with the Aged and they should also be able to point you in the right direction.
    Thank you so much for your answer.. I will do this

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawn Care Business [ 2 Answers ]

Do we need to be licensed to do lawn care in central Nebraska we are insured. Ord NE, Loup City NE North Loup Scotia NE

Self-employed,independent business owner and unpaid settlement [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking at a neverending black hole of debt after signing the disolution my ex-monster wanted!:( I was advised that the settlement I was getting was the best I could do without having the money for a full blown,2 year knock down drag out divorce! Neither were my choice. I was assured that my...

At home data entry jobs or home based business [ 0 Answers ]

Come April 8,2007 I will be laid off from my job and wanted to know if any of these free data entry jobs are legitimate or home bases business are worth doing. If so, where can I find them? Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

Claiming business expense deductions as an independent contractor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am a non resident alien on an F1 visa. I received a 1099 Misc form from my former employer as I was an independent contractor. While filing my taxes on CINTAX, there was an options asking me to list business expenses. Since I live in NJ and commute by train to NYC for work, I want...

View more questions Search