Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ELLIOTSUE Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 12:07 PM
    Clock losing time on task bar
    The clock on my task bar is losing time, I have to constantly readjust every week.
    Any suggestions on what I should be looking at, to keep clock working properly.
    I have an older AOpen computer running Windows 98. Is there a battery or something
    I can change?
    Thanks
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 8, 2007, 02:25 PM
    There is an onboard battery that keeps the BIOS data when the PC is powered off. It keeps the internal clock chip running also.

On the motherboard, the battery will be silver and coin shaped. It should have some markings on it, such as Maxell, etc. The battery type is CR2032 and is 3.0V. Most battery stores will stock this.

Another item you might want to look at is to see if the windows time is being sychronized with a time server.

Double-click on the date/time to bring up the Date and Time properties, and select the "internet time" tab.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ThinkPad losing time [ 3 Answers ]

My IBM THINKPAD is losing time. From 100% charge several days between use the PC clock looses more than 60 minutes. My question is should I replace the main battery or is this a sign of a different battery inside going bad. If it is not the main battery should I send it to the shop for replacement...

I lose the task bar, and all desktop icons... [ 1 Answers ]

My OS (Windows XP Pro) has started acting strange. If I try to open a jpeg file from my desktop (the jpegs open through Picasa with no problem), my CPU usage (observed from the task manager) soars to 100%. Then, the task bar (system tray, start menu and everything), and desktop icons disappear. ...

Annoying Internet Bar over the Task Bar [ 1 Answers ]

My grandson has messed around with my computer and an annoying Bar now sits over the Task bar when on the internet. To the extreme left is Internet Explorer logo e] followed by DONE. To the extreme right is a Blue Globe followed by INTERNET. If a URL is clicked the bar then shows :...

PopUp Window on Task Bar, ONLY [ 2 Answers ]

Every so often I get this blue bordered window on my task bar that is white or blank inside, if you will, with no description. It loads quickly than goes. Now I do NOT get any corresponding window on my desk top just on the task bar and my computer stops while this thing loads for the two seconds...

XP Hangs at Task bar load [ 3 Answers ]

Similar problem in files by meilia22 on 16 July 2004, but maybe not quite the same. XP (Home) boots, usually, but not always, brings up desktop shortcuts, but hour glass spins on task bar. Usually time comes up, but most of the time nothing else. When other icons pop up, machine often hangs when...

View more questions Search