Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    intendedsighs Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

May 1, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Finding a place to live
    My fiance and I are hoping to buy our own home, or to build a house in the next year or so, however right now our credit is ony giving us about $117,000 loan amount. Will that amount grow in the next year, and about how much? Also, what is the least amount and average amount a person would have to pay to build their own home MINUS the cost of the land? Does anyone have any tips on who to go for that in the VA area?
    melodique Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 09:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by intendedsighs
    My fiance and I are hoping to buy our own home, or to build a house in the next year or so, however right now our credit is ony giving us about $117,000 loan amount. Will that amount grow in the next year, and about how much? Also, what is the least amount and average amount a person would have to pay to build their own home MINUS the cost of the land? Does anyone have any tips on who to go for that in the VA area?
    I'm not sure about the amounts it would $117,000. I would suggest that you pay off as many debts of your own before you get married. Once you are married, rent for a year, pay off any remaining debts and save, save, save. You need that first year to get to really know each other and to know how far (or close) you want to live to either set of parents or relatives. You don't need to be dealing with building a house and money worries in your first year of marriage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My place is hell! [ 5 Answers ]

I have a few questions to ask. I moved into an apartment with my boyfriend and when moving in there were things that I wanted fixed that I have yet to get fixed. The toilet sits crooked and overflows at the drop of a hat. I told the office ladies that I wanted to have a new toilet put in and I...

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, orgasm? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to the boards,I hope I am asking this question in the right place. I have been with my husband for almost 9 yrs now. I am 27 w/ two kids. I can not have an orgasm unless he is "playing " with me. I can not have an orgasm with just having intercourse. He gets mad because he says...

Place of birth [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to know exactly what hospital I was born in.. I also wanted to know what my biological mothers name was... and how I can locate her?? Please help me.

Period all over the place [ 1 Answers ]

I am very confused, My period last month was a week early. This month my period was two weeks early, I am supposed to be due on on the 15th Feb But I came on, on 2nd February. My cycle is always 28 days exactly. I also had a rash come up on my Breasts two days ago. I am currently trying for...

Wife works and live in nj, I live and work in ny [ 1 Answers ]

Due to my job in nyc, I have to maintain a residence nyc. I rent not own a house in nyc. My wife lives in a house with our kids in nj and also works there. How do we file for taxes.:confused:

View more questions Search