Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mendy50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2007, 06:57 AM
    New York State residentail returns
    Do you have to claim your 401K 1099R on your state return documents since no state and city taxes are taken out on these plans?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 3, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Yes, Income is income. A 1099R represents a notice of income that has to be included. The fact that taxes were not withheld doesn't change that taxes are due.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 3, 2007, 10:16 AM
    Scott has it right!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099 Misc question [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I worked as an Independent Contractor for a few months and received a 1099 Misc for the same. As I was going through the instructions for Schedule C-EZ, it said I need to fill the form if I am continuing the business.. which I am not. So should I include the amount in 1099 MISC in Other Income...

1099-G Question [ 1 Answers ]

I received a 1099-G (Georgia) for tax year 2005, what is this and do I put it on my current one or how do I deal with the past? If I put it on the current where do I put it? Also I have a 17 y/o daughter and trying to add hers to my return so she doesn't have to file a separate one and on turbo...

1099-R / P Code Question [ 1 Answers ]

Hello- My employer last year indicated that certain members of the company would be getting a 401k distribution because the company failed its non-discriminatory test by the government (set up to ensure that the plan set up by the company benefits employees of all $ levels.) Unfortunately,...

1099-g and 1099-int [ 8 Answers ]

Hi ATE, I am following this forum for last couple of months. It is a very good source of tax information. I am non-resident alien from India. I was on F1 (OPT) from Jan 06, 2005 to Nov 30, 2005. My H1B status started on Dec 01, 2005. I am filing 1040NR-EZ and Form 8843. I have received...

1099-A Question [ 3 Answers ]

When we filed bankruptcy in '99, we did not reaffirm on our mortgage loan, and was told we could keep our home as long as we still made our payments, but if we abandoned our home, we would not be liable for the remainder of the loan. We received a 1099-A and was wondering if we need to report this...

View more questions Search