Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buzzar_Saleh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2010, 02:41 PM
    Why cant I be light skinned
    I'm a deep brown skinned bangladeshi teenager. I wasn't dark skinned when I was little, I was a mild orange/tanned colour. But now after like 5 years I have turned a dark shade of brown.
    When it comes to love life I have also never had a girlfriend, is it because of my skin colour.
    I think it is, so how could I if possible get my skin to be lighter. I sometimes hate looking at the mirror, thinking about what the change everyday will be. Is there any help anyone can offer like any lotions or anything
    , thanks in advance
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 8, 2010, 03:04 PM

Your love life has more to do with your own opinion of yourself, than your color Since you hate and don't like yourself, shy should anyone else.

Learn to love the man in the mirror and be happy with yourself, and your life will turn around
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 8, 2010, 03:12 PM

I know many men from southern India and others from Africa. They are all beautiful people (their skin glows!), as long as they are beautiful on the inside too. Are you beautiful on the inside?
    Nickol32 Posts: 116, Reputation: 10

Oct 8, 2010, 04:22 PM
    I think that in your case it's just beyond skin color..
    You can change your skin color (creams, lotion, peels etc.).. but would it really change your inner self?
    I don't think so..
    MySunshine Posts: 90, Reputation: 15

Oct 8, 2010, 06:33 PM

Im sorry to hear that, I know how it feels to not be happy with your appearance. But trust me its never as bad as we think, try to think positive and be self confident and the girls will notice no matter your skin color :)
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Oct 9, 2010, 07:00 AM
    I agree that it is important to be happy within yourself and that will shine through more than any change in your skin colour will ever do. Think about all the positive aspects of yourself rather than what you don't like and keep reminding yourself about them. There is no harm in wanting to lighten your skin colour but it is not going to make a difference if you don't have anything good to back it up. And lastly you must invest in a good sunblock. Whether you decide to lighten or not this is important in preventing the sun damage you seem to have sustained. Best of luck hun!

buzzar_Saleh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2010, 10:24 AM
    Comment on MAHARANI's post
    Thanks, appreciate it
    itsamor Posts: 196, Reputation: 12

Oct 10, 2010, 03:34 PM

Nobody really cares about our skin color besides ourselves, cause we've been conditioned to. That's not what's holding back your love life as everyone has said. Get a new hair style, some new clothes, little things that might make you feel better and stop focusing on your skin tone! Cause no one else is & if they are, would you really want to be with someone that shallow? I wouldn't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I light skinned, caramel skinned, or dark skinned? [ 15 Answers ]

I'm black & puerto rican, everyone I know tells me I'm light skinned but yesterday this lady told me I was a beautiful caramel color. But I think I'm dark. Can you please tell me what you think so I'm not so confused here is a link to one of my pictures.http://i28.tinypic.com/xgfgqv.jpg

How would a light skinned girl look with black hair? [ 5 Answers ]

Im very light skinned almost kind of pale but not THAT pale OK? And I was thinking of dying my hair black because iseen a lot of people with it and it looks nice. But on me? Right now my hair is light brown with streaks..

I am sick of being so dark! I desperately want to be light skinned again. [ 64 Answers ]

I was born as someone who was light skinned. I started to darken when I was 4-5. I had a good tone then. When I was 13-14ish. I went to DisneyWorld for a week due to a vacation. Ever since then I became really dark and am referred to being really dark. I am sick of it. I really want to be light...

Lotions for light skinned african americans [ 1 Answers ]

Hi am lean new to these site I wanted to ask if anyone knew like a good and effective lotion for light skin blacks that will not make their skin dark or something have tried all kind of product but nth works for me

View more questions Search