Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmaxwell364 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2006, 05:47 AM
    Hampton bay ceiling fan remote control
    Where does the remote sending unit actually install and fit inside the fan?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2006, 09:22 AM
    It fits inside the canopy. If you are having trouble getting it to fit in the canopy, there is a thread somewhere on these forums explaining how exactly it lines up in there.
    CHARLESROGERS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2011, 02:34 PM
    Light will not turn off. With the remote
    datasleuth Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2012, 11:48 AM
    We have a Hampton Bay 44 inch Carriage House II ceiling fan to install on a flat ceiling, however the remote control does not fit above the fan (not enough room). We were told there is only one remote control for these fans. How can we install the remote?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2012, 12:41 PM
    The SENDING unit is the one with the buttons, the RECEIVING unit goes in the fan canopy.
    datasleuth Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2012, 05:49 AM
    The receiving unit does not fit into the fan canopy.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2012, 12:42 PM
    datasleuth-you pigtailed on another question and I was answering that one. Post your question separately to avoid confusion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Hampton Bay Remote Control Installation [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to understand the installation procedures for installing a remote control into a Hampton Bay (Mod. 197 878) Grammercy Fan. The reomote receiver has a total of 6 wires. One is the antenna wire, and that speaks for itself. There are black, white and blue wires on one side, and I...

Hampton bay remote control ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Windward II 54” ceiling fan and fluorescent lamp with remote control. I replaced the original fluorescent circline lamp with a new one. Now the light won’t turn won’t stay on or dim and the fan operates properly. Any ideas?

Hampton Bay Fan remote control install [ 1 Answers ]

I have purchased a Hampton Bay ceiling fan 198-374 and a wireless remote 191-691. I am sure they are both campatable. But, the booklet for the fan has a warning to reduce the risk of fire do not use this fan with any solid-state fan speed control device. I have installed many ceiling fans but this...

View more questions Search