Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tilo126 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2004, 12:05 PM
    Windows xp
    I have p4 win xp home edition. I did reboot my PC and sownload win 2000 but some of programme of my PC not working woth win 2000, so I need win xp and I bought open PC so it did not come with recovery cd. One of my friend have win xp but I do not know how can I get serial & key to install win xp in my PC.
    Please anyone can help with that.
    Gkhster Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2004, 04:53 PM
    Windows xp
    It is in my nature to help people, but I cannot assist you in hacking Windows XP's serial number. That would be illegal in my corner of the woods, as well as un-ethical.

If your original copy of XP Home was legit, then your best bet is to go back to where you bought it. If that falls flat, then perhaps Microsoft might help you. I am sure that you will need to provide some sort of documentation. (Like sales receipt, specially printed certificate, etc... )

If you cannot prove that you own a licensed copy, then you will need to purchase one.

I have developed some software over the years, and I've had some stolen (pirated) from me. Let me tell you, it may not hurt Bill Gates a lot, but my gas tank and belly have gone empty because of it.

Have fun,

Guy
    tilo126 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2004, 06:00 AM
    Re: windows xp
    Thanks for help. I already give to store to wipe off all viruse form my PC but they are saying, if I use internet I might get same problem even I use anti virus software .
    There is any way to protect my PC from viruse.any software?
    Metamorphousthe Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2004, 09:14 AM
    Re: windows xp
    Try AVG6

http://www.grisoft.com
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2005, 06:50 AM
    Viruses
    Hi,
    Another answer was to use AVG, and gave you a link.
    I myself use AVG and it's GREAT.
    http://www.grisoft.com

There is a FREE version, as well as a buy version.
    Try the Free version, and it does work to stop viruses.
    I got rid of Norton a while back, in favor of AVG, and glad I did.
    Best of luck.
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Jan 22, 2006, 12:50 AM
    Viruses
    Hi,
    Try Avast. There is a free version which is very good. I have been using it for the last one year and my computer is always free of viruses. It will be automatically updated while you are connected to the internet. It has 7 protection providers and you can choose whatever you want to activate like Standard shield, websheild, p2p sheiled, Instant Messenger Shield, e-mail shield etc.You can download it from www.avast.com.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retrieve Windows XP key but Windows won't boot [ 3 Answers ]

I have an HP machine that has had the case replaced (meaning the sticker is no longer stuck to the side of the case.) It also didn't come with any media (the restore partition is corrupted.) All I need to do to fix the booting problem is run a repair but I cannot get into Windows to retrieve the...

Windows updates for Windows ME [ 16 Answers ]

For months now I can't get windows updates for Windows ME. I just get 'can't find server'. Neither Microsoft nor BT. Can help me. I've tried everything I can think of. I have a BT.Yahoo browser and I.Explorer 6. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?

Can't load windows, Can't get into safe mode and can't reinstall windows. [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I can't get windows98 SE to load. I can't get into safe mode or reinstall windows. A little history first. I had an issue with my creative sound card. EMM386 not loading along with something that had to do with the sound card. I went back and forth with creative tech support to resolve the...

Windows 98 se [ 6 Answers ]

My windows 98se was corrupted. So I reinstalled it. My old programs are working. But those programs are not showing in the new add/remove programs list - to unstall it or see what are all they. Plese tell me how to see those ones in this add/remove programs.

Windows XP [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question about Windows XP. I'm wondering if I have to update all my software/hardware if I install windows XP. My present version is windows 98 Second Edition. My software/hardware includes OmniPage Pro 9, Epson 1660 photo scanner, a Samsung web camera, a Samsung printer, Sound...

View more questions Search