Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LadyDB Posts: 90, Reputation: 5

Nov 22, 2009, 04:40 PM
    Old short ghost story about a dead man losing a finger
    When I was in elementary school, during Halloween, my music teacher would put on what I BELIEVE was a record. And it was full of audio stories.

One in particular was about a dead man…someone took his finger. I forget why. I don't know if it had a ring on it that was worth money or if it was by mistake and it was dug up and taken without the person knowing s/he took it.

All I remember was that at the end, the person who had the dead man's finger is scared in the house as the dead man comes back looking for his finger.

I know that's vague. Hopefully someone heard that story before.
    jchilders Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 08:10 PM

Are you sure it was his finger or his big toe? I read a story like this. It is in one of the books called, "Scary Stories to tell in the Dark". There are three of these books and I don't know which one but the guy is missing his big toe, a boy dug it up from out of a garden and the family ate it in their soup. The guy comes back that night to the boys house wanting to know, "Who's got my big toe". Hope this helps.

Jul 4, 2010, 04:42 PM

Oooh man, I think that's it. Amazon won't let me read anything past the first page, but I'm absolutely buying it 'cause I think that's it!

Thank you so much!!

Do you happen to know or recall a story about an old man living in the woods. He is a hunter and hunts raccoons and at the end, I think one kills him? I made a post on this: here

Regardless, thanks again :)
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2010, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyDB View Post
    Oooh man, I think that's it. Amazon won't let me read anything past the first page, but I'm absolutely buying it 'cause I think that's it!

Thank you so much!!!

Do you happen to know or recall a story about an old man living in the woods. He is a hunter and hunts raccoons and at the end, I think one kills him? I made a post on this: here

Regardless, thanks again :)

This may something like the raccoon story.
    Tailypo | Scary Story - 32k -

Jul 10, 2010, 03:35 PM

You know, the story was from such a long time ago, that that may very well be it! Regardless, I love that one, thank you so much!
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2010, 03:45 PM
    You know, the story was from such a long time ago, that that may very well be it! Regardless, I love that one, thank you so much!

Check these out. My grandma used to tell some of these when we were little. Enjoy.

Ghost Stories, Scary Stories, Spooky Tales, Supernatural Stories & Events from American Folklore. - 32k

Jul 13, 2010, 08:50 AM

I love these kinds of stories. Thanks a lot =)
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2010, 10:32 AM
    I love these kinds of stories. Thanks a lot =)

You are so welcome. Go on the web and search for Savannah Georgia.. places that are "haunted". We went to Mercer House a couple of years ago.:eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's ghost story [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm looking for a movie/ made for TV movie that I saw on hbo back in the 80"s. the only thing I can remember is that it started in the old west and these men came to this familys plantation and they took this little girl and they threw her down a hole/well? Where she died. Then the movie...

Early 80's TV movie about ghost of dead sister [ 3 Answers ]

Here's the jist of it. A family consisting of Mom, Dad, 2 sisters and 1 brother are in a station wagon driving along when something happens, car catches on fire, and everyone gets out except the oldest sister who was sleeping. Car explodes, sister dies. Time passes, and the ghost of sister starts...

New short story. [ 13 Answers ]

Burning Both Ends Of The Night... The summer I turned eighteen, I was working with my father. Doing odd jobs, and constructon. Destiny must have been working with me. That was the year we were assigned the old Miller place. A renovation that would probably take all summer. Everything that...

Short Story [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, so here it goes... I'm the assigned prayer leader for our math class tomorrow... and my teacher asked me to create a short story and a reflection about it... before I recite my own prayer.. I already have a prayer which is "Dear Lord, Bless us today. Open our minds to help us learn and grow....

Ghost story [ 1 Answers ]

An extremely modest man was in the hospital for a series of tests, the last of which had left his bodily systems extremely upset. Upon making several false alarm trips to the bathroom, he decided the latest episode was another and stayed put. He suddenly filled his bed with diarrhea and...

View more questions Search