Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honey1987 Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Nov 15, 2008, 10:03 AM
    Does height really increase after 20
    Does height really increase after 20 yrs of age by yoga and other exercises , if yes then how much, does anybody has exact proof or any idea who's increases his/her height after their teen age by exercisin:confused:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 15, 2008, 10:46 AM

Your heighti s determined primarily by your genetic predisposition.
    You can get a fair idea of your familial genetics by the height of
    Others within your immediate and extended family. In rare cases,
    Hormonal disorders may affect normal growth, but this problem is quite
    Noticeable in early childhood. Healthy eating and good posture should
    Also be taken into account, but unless these factors are seriously
    Disrupted, their influence is small in the overall scheme of your
    "pre-programmed" height.

Women or more likely to decrease in height as they age,
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2008, 02:06 PM
    As mentioned already, your growth is determined by genetics, nutrition, and stressors. Once the growth plates "close" usually around 18-20 depending on gender, no further height is gained. My grandfather supposedly gained an inch at age 21, but that's pretty late for substantial growth.
    missmistakes Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 02:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post

women or more likely to decrease in height as they age,
    Aaarrrgghh!! nooo
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2008, 04:54 AM
    Hi, honey1987!

I do agree with tickle and kp2171 above. I just wanted to add that it's possible with stretching to attain some additional, measurable gain in height, but not so much that it would be noticeable if someone was looking at you.

Is there a particular reason as to why your're asking the question, please?

Thanks!
    honey1987 Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Mar 4, 2009, 10:26 AM

You!! Its beoz I'm only 5'2 and want to gain at least 1 or 2 inches more
    SirPeter Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2009, 09:57 PM
    Can I ask why you wish to be taller honey?

Peter
    ijustlovenewbs3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2009, 11:29 AM
    Well the thing is, your HGH levels can improve when you are calm and relaxed - this is according to the latest studies and since yoga, stretching and sleeping can help you reach that state, they can improve your HGH levels. You also need calcium and protein to grow - This is not mine but from New and improved system to Grow Taller and Height Increase - Growth-FlexV Pro ™ System
    crazyson_23 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jul 29, 2009, 01:09 PM

Me too. I just turned 20 this week and I want to grow like 2 inches so badly. My height is only 5ft 41/2 inch. I do those stretching exercises from head to leg. I eat lot meats, fruits, and drink lots of water, milk. But nothing seems to work. I'm so pissed off right now.
    One thing is that I won't give up that easily and will continue to have those foods. Hopefully I'll see some results.
    I'll let you know when that happens. For sure
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 29, 2009, 01:45 PM

Its all genetics, folks. Look at some pics of your mom and dad, grandparents, if any one of them is tall, good chance you will be, but otherwise, nothing in the world will make you break through your genetic code.

Tick
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2009, 02:13 PM
    And ill repeat...

Along with your genetic potential, which is passed through your parents but DOES NOT need to equal your parents, nor your grandparents, nutrition and stressors can prevent you from your "highest" genetic potential...

Flexibility can improve posture, which CAN make you appear taller... but show me one single primary medical study that's been independently reviewed that shows stretching will increase major bone length once the growth plates have fused.

Just one? Anyone?

JAMA? The Lancet? NEJM?
    Alik_thakur Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2011, 01:43 AM
    I am asking u how to increase height after 20
    aaravbaghel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2011, 11:10 PM
    I'm going to 2o yrs old . My height is 5'1 n I want to be 5'10 . Is it possible ? If yes than tell me ***
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2011, 10:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aaravbaghel View Post
    i m going to 2o yrs old . my height is 5'1 n i want to be 5'10 . is it possible ? if yes than tell me ***
    Not going to happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Increase In Height [ 9 Answers ]

I'm in an urgent need of the answer of the question whether height can be increased with the help of drugs or exercises.Is It Possible Or Not. Thanks

How 2 increase height [ 5 Answers ]

I am 22 yrs old do you think my height will increase?:( my height is 5:6inch I want 5:9inch and how long it's going to be take plzzz tell me waiting for your reply

How can I increase my height? [ 15 Answers ]

I am a boy of 24 years. My weight is 51 K.g and my height is just 5.1Ft. I feel very embarrassed and this is depriving me off many chances. I want to have my height increased. I have also tried a product called Hi-Grow height increaser but it was totally useless. But I want to increase my height...

Height increase [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20, female and just 4' 11 tall. Please advice me any height increasing products that would help me. Thank you.

Height increase [ 1 Answers ]

Hello sir, I'm subhash and I'm 22 right now . My height is 5'6" sir i want to make it has 5'8" help me what I have to do to increase my height moreover I went to gym for 1year does it will have any impact on my height increase tell me. What exercises I have to do shall I go for yoko...

View more questions Search