Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reference2000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 10:18 PM
    97 honda civic code 1381 cylinder position sensor
    Hi,

My 97 civic just started showing an error code 1381 (P1381--Cylinder Position Sensor Intermittent Interruption). My understanding is that if it is a problem with the individual sensors, the distributor has to be replaced - because they don't sell the individual sensors.

Last July the distributor was replaced.

If there is a problem with loose wiring or connectors, what would be the best places to check?

Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2008, 06:48 AM
    Remove the distributor cap and try crimping the female connectors with a pair of pliers. If the problem persists, install a new genuine Honda distributor housing. There have been many problems with new aftermarket distributors for Hondas on this site.
    reference2000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Thanks very much txgreasemonkey!
    Imconfusedalot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2011, 11:10 AM
    Txgreasemonkey... What do you mean by "crimp the female connectors"? Could you provide a picture or a detailed description of where and what? Thank you!
    Uber Member

May 30, 2011, 11:13 AM

Just make sure the connections are clean and tight.
    Imconfusedalot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2011, 11:19 AM
    ... and this is underneath the distributor cap?
    Uber Member

May 30, 2011, 12:23 PM

Yes. Be sure to disconnect the negative battery cable, before fooling around inside the distributor.

If your car threw a Code 1381, you likely need to install a new distributor (genuine Honda only).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Civic code 9 (CYP) Sensor Error [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I have a problem with my honda civic... Its popping out code 9 which is the cylinder position sensor (CYP)... I bought a new distributor for it but is still popping out the error code... was told I might need to replace wiring... so I was woundering if I change the engine harness will it be...

1990 Honda Civic rough idel and dead cylinder [ 5 Answers ]

My 1990 Honda civic 1.5 is driving me nutts. It idels rough and when you pull the #2 spark plug wire it does not change the idel or anything. I put a full tune up on it, it has spark on all wires, compression is great on all holes. When you get the rpm's up it smooths out and runs great. I pulled...

92 Honda Civic cylinder firing order? [ 4 Answers ]

I recently replaced the ignition coil, distributor cap, and rotor on my 92 honda civic. This fixed my initial problem of the car starting; however it seems to be running a little rough and a little gutless. So I am not sure (if when I initially was moving about and replacing things - yes I could...

Honda civic code 9 cyp sensor how to repair [ 1 Answers ]

I got the engine light coming on at different occasions not always, checked and got error 9, as per honda manual I tested the points on connectors for cyp, on male connector, I got right ohmage reading, on female I get a open reading,meaning from one point to ground there is continuity, My...

View more questions Search