Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cozoDOP2 Posts: 112, Reputation: 0

Jan 4, 2010, 08:40 AM
    Reading and Speaking is not helping me improve my language skills, what to do?
    I'm in my 30's. I've always been quiet, but the reason I've been quiet is because I am confused with language. Thiings don't make sense to me and I also can't seem to learn. Although I'm 30, my vocab and speaking skills are really basic.

I read books, and I try to speak but I keep forgetting words, and I can't seem to memorize new grammar and expressions.

That's with English( I'm an American)
    But I also study Japanese, and it's the same thing. The basic stuff I know, I can pronounce very well and always get compliments by Japanese people BUT it's just basic japanese, I can't seem to memorize new stuff.

Do I have some sort of speech impediment and disability?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2010, 01:08 AM
    Hi, cozoDOP2!

Learning languages can be really tough for some people! But, not everyone learns them the best in the same ways.

Have you been studying what you want to learn in a class or by yourself?

Also, since you're asking about whether you have some sort of speech impediment and disability, have you asked your doctor about your concerns?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone help me in speaking english language [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have little hazitation when I speak in english with another person because this is not my first language. So is there anyone who would like to talk with me in english language. I would really appreciate and prefer if it will be any english person or a person from anywhere but can speak...

What Are Some Ways That I Can Improve My Skills Writing in English? [ 20 Answers ]

:) Hi,everyone,I'm a college student in China,and I'm from Beijing. I want to improve my skills in writing,but there're so much problem for me. For example, I always committed some mistake of grammar,and I couldn't use the word in some correct way, and some mistake in spelling......

What Are Some Ways That I Can Improve My Skills Writing in English? [ 1 Answers ]

:p Hi,everyone,could you help me improve my writing skills? I want to avoid some common false and to make my sentence more sharp.:D But I donn't know how to solve my problem... :confused: Thanks a lot!

How to improve my basketball skills [ 2 Answers ]

For the passt years I can never make a shot in proper lay ups or proper defense I ned help imrovin my game before the season starts which is in 4 months some one help me?

How can one improve communication skills? [ 14 Answers ]

How can one improve their communication and written skills?

View more questions Search