Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joannsal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 01:52 PM
    1st floor ceiling leak below 2nd floor shower
    Our ceiling has developed a swelling or bubble in the ceiling and when touched-it literally fell apart and created a hole. It is dry to the touch but happens to be right in line with our 2nd floor master bedroom shower where the plumbing probably comes down. The shower has a plastic floor with a 4 " lip but is tiled from the lip on up. It is a walk in shower with a sliding shower door

What should we be looking for and how do we fix this problem?
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 07:36 PM
    Does the shower floor flex when stepped into? Some shower drain are removable from the top, most from the bottom. Since you got a hole in your ceiling, peek up there and see if a nut is under the shower base. What kind of drain pipe is there? Take the chrome cover off and take a pic so we can see into the drain.
    joannsal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Thank you. We will check on that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tile leak from 3rd floor through 2nd floor ceiling (bath) [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All: We renovated our third floor bathroom which included stripping the floor down and installing tiles (1" squares within 1' blocks). After our 3rd floor tenant takes long showers we get some leakage through her floor and thusly through our ceiling (which we now have partially open to have...

2nd Floor, Floor drain backing up with water in restroom [ 1 Answers ]

I have a second floor restroom at my workplace and there is a little bit of water backing up and some sewer gas smell. There is rarely anything that goes down that drain but there is a little water in it that I can see. Also it seems that the urinals in the same restroom are draining very slowly....

Toilet leak ,3rd floor to 2nd floor ceiling. [ 1 Answers ]

Was told that I would have to build a 6 inch platform to place toilet high enough to get adaquate flow to prevent this. Is this valid or does anyone else have a better plan. Floors,pipes , toilet all new install to existing. 3 years.

Water leaking into ceiling on 1st floor [ 5 Answers ]

Water sometimes drips from the bathroom upstairs into my dining on th 1st fl. What can I do? I already had the ceiling taken down, but we can't determine where its coming from. It only drips sometimes. (very strange) I'm just to tired of this problem and don't know what to do, the bathroom is...

Upstairs shower leaking to 1st floor ceiling [ 14 Answers ]

My upstairs shower is leaking to 1st floor ceiling. Below is my troubleshooting: * I tested by not using the shower for awhile, leak stopped so I know it's not from water line. * I had water going directly to drain pipe, no leak so I know it's not the pipes under the floor. * I took drain cover...

View more questions Search