Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tagguy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2013, 02:02 PM
    After replacement, should the window stops be clad in aluminum?
    I just had two large windows replaced due to seal failure. The windows were wood with aluminum cladding. After the new glass was installed the "stops" that hold the glass are exposed on the exterior. I refused to pay the balance because the stops were clad before and now look ridiculous. Am I wrong to expect they would be clad again?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2013, 02:07 PM
    What did it say in your install contract? If it didn't address it, you may have to pay to have it installed. Is it the same size as the original stop?

Nov 7, 2013, 02:11 PM
    The original contract said reinstall cladding. As far as the stop size I don't have a clue.

Nov 7, 2013, 02:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    What did it say in your install contract? If it didn't address it, you may have to pay to have it installed. Is it the same size as the original stop?
    The quote said to reinstall the cladding. The glass replacement was exactly the same size. I don't know about the stop size.(didn't think there would be a difference in dimension.)
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2013, 02:44 PM
    Cladding done but probably new stops if they did it from outside. I'd press the issue since you have the $$$. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've got a broken spring on a channel balance for a GAPCO single hung aluminum window [ 0 Answers ]

I've got a broken spring on a channel balance for a single-hung GAPCO aluminum window. Can I just replace the spring or do I need to replace the entire balance, and where do I get what I need?

Gapco window leaking.replacement part or whole new window? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have Gapco windows in my 1994 townhome and the small hard rubber flat part along the bottom of the window that is to keep out rain water has shrunk and now lets water leak in during a rain. Can I replace that piece or do I need a whole new window? Thanks so much for your advice. ...

Removing an Aluminum Window [ 4 Answers ]

I am having a lot of trouble removing my old aluminum window. It has a nail flange and accessing this flange isn't a great option for me. It is possible for the back of my house that has aluminum siding, however, the rest of my house is brick. Would it be best to cut out the window with a...

Aluminum Window Prices [ 2 Answers ]

I recently purchased the inventory of an Aluminum Window Manufacturer Co. along with the five trailers they came in. They are various sizes and types. How do determine what the windows are worth? From what I can tell, there are single panes, double panes, arch tops, horizontal sliders, jalousie,...

View more questions Search