Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jthmjesse Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 03:11 PM
    B.C. Theft Under 5000$ help
    Well..
    Im 15, and I live in British Columbia, and I was in a local store with my friend...
    I knew he was going to steal something because he told me...
    Anyway someone from the staff told on him to the manager when I was hanging out with him.

And now IM facing having to go to court to...

What he took was
    Like a trailer park boys DVD thing South Park DVD thing Naruto DVD and some batterys.
    And now they say I have to go to court for theft under 5000$

I need any help you can offer...
    I have a month until they want me in youth court...
    Also : what would the fine be if I went!

Please help me!:(

Oct 24, 2006, 03:21 PM
    Please help!
    bhayne Posts: 339, Reputation: 4

Oct 25, 2006, 12:15 PM
    Where were you arrested (inside the store)? Did you give a statement? Were you read your rights? Was it a small store or a superstore? Do you have an attorney?
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Oct 25, 2006, 12:17 PM
    Well, if I read it right, you made the mistake of sticking around when your friend told you he planned on stealing. That makes you an accessory, accomplice, etc. Give us a little more detail if you could?

Oct 27, 2006, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bhayne
    Where were you arrested (inside the store)? Did you give a statement? Were you read your rights? Was it a small store or a superstore? Do you have an attorney?
    I was arrested just outside of the store and I don't have an attorney:(
    bhayne Posts: 339, Reputation: 4

Oct 27, 2006, 03:23 PM
    I would like to tell you to be very scared and expect the worse... but, as a 15 yr old in Canada you are one lucky characater.

First of all, if your parents were not called then nothing will happen- no court, no record and no phone calls.

You should stay away from that store.
    alex1991 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 01:05 PM
    This just happened to my friends and I, you're an "accessory".
    All they did to my friends was P.P.A them , told their parents, and they weren't allowed in the store for one year.
    Retro1986 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1
    -

Dec 31, 2007, 03:39 PM
    Just lie, haha idiot. For someone who watches Trailer PArk BOys. You should be a little more criminal like

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000 x7 [ 23 Answers ]

About a month ago I was charged with theft under $5000 times 7 (cause I had items from 7 stores). The store the caught me called the police because I had items from other stores besides there's, and the police gave me a court date and a fingerprint date (I have already gone to get fingerprinted),...

Theft Under 5000 [ 7 Answers ]

My son was arrested for stealing cigarettes from a store he worked in. The cops came into his apartment and searched his place with no search warrant and then arrested him. He is 18 years old and we live in Canada. What should I do? Hire a lawyer? Could he get jail for this? Yes, it was a moment...

Theft under 5000.. [ 7 Answers ]

Last year, I was charged with theft under 5000. And just as usual I went to court , but the thing is that this was my first offence. So they were very easy with me, I had to do some diversion program and you I did that. When back to court and I was free too go. Some people told me that when I...

Theft under 5000 [ 4 Answers ]

Today I had a friend arrested for theft under 5000 The situation is: She was in a large grocery store, she put all her grocery in a plastic bag and was looking at the flower section INSIDE the store when the security arrested her and then the police took her and detained her in a cell for the...

Theft under 5000 [ 5 Answers ]

Hello 7 years ago I stole something and got caught... I was charged with theft under 5000 and I had to pay back the money, do community service and see a probation officer. I can't remember if this was a conviction or not, and whether I need a pardon... I was told by someone that I don't need a...

View more questions Search