Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    half_samoan Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2005, 05:06 AM
    Weights with Injuries?
    I recently injured my knee in sports, and I don't think I can do squats or any major leg training for a fair few monthes. So iv'e decided to concentrate on my upper body for the time being. Does anyone know any good strength endurance training methods for bench press and the like?
    Thanks
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 6, 2006, 07:10 PM
    If it's muscular endurance you are after then lighter poundage with higher repetitions is recommended. If it's strength you want, then heavier poundage with fewer reps. So since you want both you could use the endurance higher rep bench presses to warm up and follow these with the heavier shorter rep ones for strength.
    Duecey93 Posts: 207, Reputation: 3

Mar 1, 2008, 06:17 AM
    I agree with starman on this one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I lift weights? [ 8 Answers ]

Im 29 year old woman who is overweight. I've been doing cardio 4-5 times a week and have not really had any great results now. I lost 15 pounds in 3 months but I still look pretty much the same. I'm startting to give up since my results are minimal. I've heard that weight training gives the...

Weights [ 4 Answers ]

Is it better to lift lift 2 weights (free) at the same time or to alternate arms with the weights?

Basketball Injuries [ 5 Answers ]

I really want to make the varsity team my freshman year. I'm 5'11'', 155lbs, very lean (I have a six pack), 14 years old. I just broke my foot 3 months ago and got off the cast 1 month ago, so I'm still weak on that foot. I could touch rim before I broke it. My strengths are: I'm the fastest...

View more questions Search