Black screen after windows splash screen windows xp
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 20, 2007, 06:00 AM
    Your question is?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 20, 2007, 06:00 AM
    Could be a couple of things. Have you tried booting to Safe Mode?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blank screen after xp splash screen and then hangs [ 2 Answers ]

My colleagues and I work in a tech environment and we have seen several computers with the same symptoms. Namely a failure to boot xp. After the xp logo screen the screen goes to blank and it just hangs. This looks like a graphics card fault but changing card does nothing. Booting into safe...

Windows 2000 Server Blue Screen [ 3 Answers ]

My current server is stuck at a "blue screen" during bootup. There are no error messages just a blue screen. All of my connected workstations can still access the network drives. However I cannot access any programs on the server directly or via VPN. I can still open a VPN to the server and...

Windows 98 resizing screen and colors [ 1 Answers ]

I recently reinstalled windows 98 and wasn't able to resize my screen area or colors. I have only 2 or 16 colors available and extra large windows and graphics, in poor quality. This happened before and the Microsoft solution had to do something with creating an alternate configuration (naming it...

Open Multiple Windows as full Screen [ 2 Answers ]

Somehow my screen adjustments have been altered in my XP. I open up say a Word doc, then when I go to the internet & click on the screen it isn't the full size. I have to keep adjusting each time, by stretching out the corners. Then when I go to the next program that I want to I have to keep...

View more questions Search