Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2008, 04:36 AM
    Making a will
    I came across in a mail order catalogue (a reputable one) that offered a do it yourself legal will kit valid in all 50 states.

I just want to update my simple will because my husband passed away.

What is your opinion, on the kit.

Thanks in advance.
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Feb 16, 2008, 05:35 AM
    Personally, I think they are a waste of money. You can find downloadable "fill in the blank" forms online. Either way, kit or type it yourself form, you will still have to pay the filing fee with the court.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2008, 08:51 AM
    ?? Filing fee with a court, what court, what filing fee?? Must be some other place than the US.

But there are many down loads you can get online, there are ones you can buy at office supply stores and more. If it is a simple one, they will all work, The difference in most states are the requiremnets for the number of witness and/or if they have to be nortorized or not.
    And a few issues with who may get what, but in general most blank forms can be used in all states if you follow the directions correctly.

It would be easier for most if they were filed at a court house, not locked away somewhere, there is no requirement to file them anywhere.
    MaggieMouse Posts: 226, Reputation: 8

Feb 20, 2008, 02:16 PM
    Agreed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Making Out [ 19 Answers ]

Im 13, and Im probably the only one in here over the age of 12 that hasnt made out with anyone. My boyfriend is 15, so hes been thru that, so he wants to make out with me, but everytime he tries, I back away, because I dont know what to do! Can anyone help me here? :confused:

Making a will [ 2 Answers ]

I have a will, but it needs to be updated? What is the cheapest and reputable way to do that? Thanks in advance.

The pill, just making sure [ 1 Answers ]

Well I am on a brake so I have now missed two pills ( as in two days into my brake ) Well its two and a half now. This is the first time I ave been on the pill and I haven't bled yet on my brake. I would have thought my body would be in withdrawl by now. I expected this to happen maybe a...

It's making me so down :( [ 23 Answers ]

I am a twenty year old woman desperatly trying for a child. I know I am young but I have a stable home, stable job, with a loving partner and more than enough money so please do not advise me of being too young. The problem is that I have been trying for around four months and nothing, I am...

View more questions Search