Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Connor18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2007, 07:35 PM
    I am lost
    I am pretty unhappy with my life for some reason. It's my senior year and I am not happy. I do not have a clue of what I am going to do after graduation, I watch all my friends so happy with their beautiful girls and they all look very happy. Why can't I be that happy? I am content with my 3 good friends when we chill, but never at home. Basically what I am saying is I want to be happy. I want a relationship. Women seem to choose guys who can care less about them. I don't understand it. :confused:
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Jan 27, 2007, 08:20 PM
    You aren't lost, hun. Sounds like you've got a case of senioritis. I went through the same thing as you did, wishing to have something to look forward to after school was over and someone to enjoy it with.

But really, you see those girls with those types of guys, do you really want a girl who is that shallow (in the sense)? Nah you don't:), show them what they are missing. Make yourself available, plan a party or drag your friends out to places where there will be lots of dating potential. Spring Break will be here soon in the coming months, right? Plan on being out of the house for a few hours a day, just keep occupied:).
    chippers Posts: 440, Reputation: 88

Jan 27, 2007, 08:23 PM
    Speaking as a girl, I don't understand that either. Why in the world would anyone chase after someone who'd been rude to them. I believe in manners and that people treat each other with respect.
    As for wanting a relationship, that takes time. Meeting the right person, plus really getting to know who you are yourself. What are your interests? What kind of music do you like? What Movies have you seen?
    Not everyone goes through high school with a hs sweetheart. I had about 2 dates and both were duds. I had more fun hanging out with my friends, going roller skating, movies, out for pizza. We were a large group both boys and girls. Not many of us dated and we had fun. We made our life the way we wanted it.
    So may I suggest to you that your small group of friend have an open door paln. Include more people, including girls. Plan a night out where you all go together that way you'll feel safe in numbers. And who knows, maybe your dream date will be in there as well.
    As for not knowing what you'll do after graduation, its not uncommon. Nor is it to take a gap year before starting college. Usually teens take a year off to relax and to get their heads straight and figure out what they want from their life.
    In the library is a book called what color is my rainbow. Or you can buy in the bookstore. Its great for teens like yourself, who need help infinding their direction.
    If you continue to keep feeling sad, or it starts to get worse, talk to someone and get help.
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Aug 2, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Well it sounds like you just want a girlfriend. Sometimes the best relationships are worth waiting for. After high school people are different, more grown up and maybe that's where you will find a GF. As far as what you plan to do after hs have you thought about college, it's okay if you don't know what you want to do.. (I went through 5 majors before I found out). Unfortunately there is no crystal ball telling us what we should do and what tomorrow will bring, and when you feel unhappy with your life think of what you do have, not what you could have. Good luck.
    p_rich91 Posts: 40, Reputation: 10

Aug 2, 2007, 02:52 PM
    High school is such a weird time and I think everybody is kind of in survival mode--like doing what you need to do to survive. For girls I think a lot of them go out with guys who are popular or whatever even if they are mean just because if you go out with the popular guy then you are a popular girl and all that. It's kind of stupid but I think that's part of it. I know a lot of guys who are really sweet who girls don't go out with just because they are not as popular. I think it will be different after high school though when everybody isn't worrying about their reputation and just want to find somebody to love and be with who cares about them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm so lost... please help me [ 2 Answers ]

OK forget that last message... I've done it I've had my 1st real kiss and lets just say it was the funniest thing ever, OK my boyfriend kept making grunting noises and stuff and I couldn't help but laugh so, I ended up choking on our spit!hahahaha it was so funny!if you have some funny stories...

I lost myself! HELP [ 3 Answers ]

My mind is racing... If something is indescribable, but you describe it as indescribable, then are you not describing it? And if that is true, how do we know for sure that black is black and white is white? And how do we know that dogs don't see in colour if we don't see the way a dog sees? And...

So Lost Someone Help Please... [ 7 Answers ]

How can you tell ovulation if you have an irrigular period for instance I only have a period every 3-5 months and when I do have one it is very light and only 3 days long I have never been to an ob/gyn and currently have not the funds to see one any suggestions theories or advice all welcome...

I'm lost... [ 2 Answers ]

I have a close group of friends since high school.   4 years ago, my friends who were a couple broke up... Although I knew of the unspoken rule that you should never go out with your friend's boyfriend... I did. It didn't have a good ending. 9 months later, he broke up with me... stating the...

View more questions Search