Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Renee08 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jan 29, 2006, 05:57 PM
    Need clarity
    Hey, guys. I was kind of hesitant about asking this question, but I will ask it anyway. Well, as you know my husband and I tied the knot and we are very happy with our marriage. Also, it seems as if our savior was just waiting until we get married to maybe send signs of a pregnancy. Well, on the 3rd of jan. my husband and I made love. He ejaculated in me and we both reached an orgasm at the same time. I ve heard same time orgasms can be a big aid in pregnancy happening. Anyway, for the past 2 weeks I have been experiencing bloating, nausea on and off, cramping, and every time I wipe after using the restroom I have a discharge with brown spotting and the spotting has been ocurring for about 3-4 days. Also, I have been experiencing sharp pains in the side and slight cramps in the legs. Could these be signs of pregnancy or could I be expecting my cycle soon? If I am pregnant how do I tell my husband because honestly this is not what we wanted to happen so soon in our marriage.:(
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 29, 2006, 07:10 PM
    Renee, I recommend that you take a pregnancy test and consult your doctor for proper guidance. Your doctor will perform a physical examination to determine the history of your symptoms.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2006, 09:32 PM
    And if you are pregnant, you asked how to tell your husband?

I would suggest the direct method, tell him straight up, "Husband, I'm pregnant".
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 29, 2006, 09:42 PM
    My wife's way was to ask if I thought blue or pink would look better in the new nursery.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 30, 2006, 12:06 AM
    Captainforest, you don't know what it's like for a woman to have these symptoms or how hard it could be for her to tell her husband she's pregnant, especially if they aren't ready to have children. Renee, take a pregnancy test, and be sure to get in touch with your doctor for an examination. If it turns out that your pregnant, gently break the news to your husband that your going to have a baby. I'm sure your husband will be supportive and help you get through this.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 30, 2006, 08:26 AM
    I completely agree with Pretty, please take a home pregnancy test and see your doctor. If you are, then take it one step at a time. I think your husband will be okay with it. You two obviously love each other I don't see why he would get angry about it.

We all set out plans for our lives and we all want things to happen in the order that "we want" but life doesn't always garuntee that. It may not be what you hoped for but at the same time it sounds as though at some point you both would've wanted kids, its just going to happen a little sooner, granted if you are indeed pregnant.
    One day at a time and one step at a time. It will be an adjustment and you may have to forgo something's that you wanted to do as a couple first but I'm sure you can get through this.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 31, 2006, 07:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bizygurl
    I completely agree with Pretty, please take a home pregnancy test and see your doctor. If you are, then take it one step at a time. I think your husband will be okay with it. You two obviously love eachother I don't see why he would get angry about it.

We all set out plans for our lives and we all want things to happen in the order that "we want" but life doesn't always garuntee that. It may not be what you hoped for but at the same time it sounds as though at some point you both would've wanted kids, its just going to happen a little sooner, granted if you are indeed pregnant.
    One day at a time and one step at a time. It will be an adjustment and you may have to forgo somethings that you wanted to do as a couple first but im sure you can get through this.
    I also agree with bizgurl and pretty. One comment caught my attention and I suggest you see your doctor as soon as possible, - side pains and cramping in the legs should not start this early in your pregnancy (sometimes this happens when a fetus lies on nerves - but this one is too small to do that yet) unless there might be some unforseen complications, so please see your doc ASAP. This way, you'll be reassured, and if you are pregnant and everything is OK, then, and only then, tell your husband. Don't run a 'false alarm on him' as you might not get a positive reaction which will make you lose faith in your relationship without even knowing for sure.
    Once you've done the checkup and got your facts, then you'll know how and what to tell your hubby, until then, you'll just be stressed and that will not help either of you. And I'm sure your husband will support you no matter what, he loves you and married you, and promised to go though thick and thin, so see the doc, and relax. I wish you a lot of luck.

Am including some links in case you've not checked any out yet, to help explain some symptoms and/or risks for you to read until that doctor appointment. Again, no site takes the place of a doctor! Also when you see your doctor, take along a list of family history, medical history, pets in household and neighborhood, medications,etc. This will always help the doctor assess you more quick, and you won't have to repeat yourself every time you go see him/her. Also make a list of questions you want to ask.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sym...gnancy/PR00102
    Scroll down and even get answers on flying while pregnant, exercise,
    Dangers, etc.
    http://www.epigee.org/pregnancy/symptoms.html
    www.askdramy.com The U.K. online doctor.you can post on a forum, or 'ask the Dr. Amy' with a click. The FAQ Tab on the homepage is also a good place to click and has a lot of good subject matter. P.S. Most of the articles are printable in PDF format.
    Good luck, and keep us posted.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2006, 07:54 AM
    Hi, Renee,
    After being married for 28 yrs, it has taught me that sharing with each other is the only way to help remove tension and stress about anything.
    If you wish to see a doctor, "hold all this inside" while waiting to wonder what to do, that is your choice.
    If you wish to talk with your husband about it, then decide together, what to do, then that is my suggestion.
    You willl find many, many things will come up in your marriage. Trying to not tell each other things really isn't a good way to build trust and confidence in each other; especially something like this!
    I do wish you both the best. We can't always determine how our lives will be, but we can learn to share, and accept what has happened; whatever it is.

Feb 1, 2006, 12:23 PM
    Well, you guys I am not pregnant turns out those were all signs of a cycle coming which is a relief. I have decided that I am going to get own birth control until my husband and I are ready for a little one. So I think I'll just keep everything to myself for now. Thanks for the advice and when ever we are ready to have a child you'll be the first to know. Talk to you later.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 3, 2006, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Renee08
    well, you guys i am not pregnant turns out those were all signs of a cycle coming which is a relief. i have decided that i am going to get own birth control until my husband and i are ready for a little one. so i think i'll just keep everything to myself for now. thanks for the advice and when ever we are ready to have a child you'll be the first to know. talk to you later.
    Glad you are relieved. Remember, we are here 24/7 for any issue. Get to know each other and bond more - and just don't wait for the 'socially wrong' reasons. If people waited until they have enough money, three cars, a boat, and other material riches, - time might be against you.
    But it's all your choice and we will back you up no matter what.

All the best from all of us!

Feb 3, 2006, 11:59 AM
    Thanks, Chery. Talk to You later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search