Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    internet_wigan Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2003, 05:14 AM
    How do I connect to a database
    Hi,

I'm having problems connecting to my database.

I have had my site working perfectly on brinkster, but when I've moved it over to my new host it doesn't work.

How do I know what way I should be connecting to the database i.e. DNS-less, system DNS or file DNS etc.

Could some one recommend a good link on how to connect to a database? The ones I've been looking at are a bit difficult to understand.

Cheers
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 30, 2003, 08:17 AM
    You need to talk to your host service about what they support.
    coreybryant Posts: 134, Reputation: 2

Apr 30, 2003, 04:49 PM
    MOst hosting companies will offer DSN-less connections. To establish a DSN connection though - tha will normally be through the hosting company. It would be ideal of course if you knew how you were connecting at Brinkster & that way you do not have to change any coding. It sounds like you might have use a DSN before since you are not able to connect now, unless you renamed your database or you moved your database to a different folder.

Corey

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ms Works Database [ 3 Answers ]

I am using ms works database but the only way I can add the contents of a field is by creating a report.Anyone help me please there must be a shorter way.:)

Advertising Database [ 3 Answers ]

I work in real estate and need to set up an advertising database. Is Microsoft Access suitable for this or what would be the best program to use? I need to be able to charge out advertising on a weekly basis to each relevant property, e.g. the property address needs to be in the database and...

Can't connect [ 1 Answers ]

I can't seem to connect directly to my cable modem. I setup a wireless network and it was working fine but then I started having problems. I then decided to reset and reconfigure my router but when I tried to connect directly to my modem, it either didn't show the connection or it said that I have...

Database [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! I would like to have some detailed information about This topic:- Specify the hardware needed to support Database system, supporting your reasoning with argument and a detailed rationale. Waiting for your reply Cheers Reetika

Database [ 1 Answers ]

In a database I have inputed a subform. The subform adds up totals of plants by adding Price*quantity. That is fine, the problem I have is that I want to have a box that adds up all the plants totals to give an overal price. Anyway you can help me? Thanks

View more questions Search