Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rsiegel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2007, 03:01 PM
    Install Single Lever Shower Faucet
    I am looking for information on installing a single lever shower faucet. This will need conversion from the existing 2-faucet that is there now.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 30, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rsiegel
    I am looking for information on installing a single lever shower faucet. This will need conversion from the existing 2-faucet that is there now.
    You use a Moen Remodel Plate, (see image) to cover the holes from a two or three knob valve. The new faucet will install in the same place using the same supplies and shower raiser. Good luck, Tom Yeah Growler! These remodel plates have been out for years.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 1, 2007, 07:36 AM
    "Dear Speedball,

I saw the plate on the Moen site, but there used to be videos on changing the plumbing behind the wall. Will the plate divert the hot and cold water into 1 place? I appreciate your feedback."

No, the plate just covers the two or three holes in the tile. You will have to disconnect the old valve and install the new one yourself.
    I/m assuming you old valve's supplies are soldered in. First you will have to install 1/2" male adapters, )Thread to copper sweat) in the new valve body. Don't forget to teflon tape tape the threads. Now unsolder the old valve body and solder in the new. Follow the installation instructions. Good luck!
    Hope this helps and thank you for rating my reply. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Hot Water in Shower - Moen Single Handle Faucet [ 38 Answers ]

I've read most of the questions on this website about this matter, but I'm still confused. I pulled off the handle and wall plate. But what do I do after that? I see a small (4 inch approx.) hole in the wall with a "unit" that looks like a cartridge that holds the handle. I can turn it to hot...

Single lever faucet [ 1 Answers ]

After a year or so, the single lever kitchen faucet (which I believe is a Delta) we installed, will no longer switch to the cold water side. This just happened yesterday and we are unsure where to start looking for the problem. It is not under the sink, as we have looked at the connections and they...

Water suppressor needed on lavatory faucet and shower faucet? [ 1 Answers ]

Are water suppressors needed in the bathroom sink faucet and the shower stub out also? And can you just use a length of pipe on a T, or must you use those copper chambers? (cpvc system) thanks

Single lever shower [ 1 Answers ]

Plumbing Question! I have a single lever shower. The hot water comes out on the cold side, and the cold water come out on the hot side. How can I find a remady to fix this situation. I don't want to have to repipe the lines , unless it is necessary. Thanks for any advice.

Leaking single knob tub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

How do I repair leaking single knob tub/shower faucet(Delta)?

View more questions Search