Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    John Scherb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2015, 08:10 PM
    Garage door opener going close get flashing lights for 10 seconds door does not close
    When I try to close my garage door by using either the remote or the wall button the door will not close, I get a flashing of the 2 lights at the garage opener for 10 seconds. The only way I can get the door to close is to hole the wall button until the door closes. I need help on this one. Can it be the censers are off as you enter the garage that are near the floor of the garage door.

Thanks

John S.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 25, 2015, 10:17 PM
    Yes sensors could be out of alignment or there could be something breaking the electronic beam.
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2015, 08:02 AM
    Yes, that is most likely a sensor problem. There should be lights on the units which help you align them. Find your owners manual or find on online to help you with this. It's not a big deal, but it's damn annoying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage Door Opener Will Not Close Door. Light Is Flashing. [ 16 Answers ]

Garage door opener does not close door. Light is flashing and there no obstructions in sensors. Chester

Garage door opener too close. [ 10 Answers ]

Replaced my old garage door with a new roll up one and now can not open the door full as the opener is not far enough to pull the door all the way. Opener is in from of a support beam for 2nd floor. Any Ideas or work around??

Craftsman garage door opener keeps opening when trying to close... [ 3 Answers ]

It's as if there's something between the two eye beam fixtures at the bottom of the door. Opens fine. But try to close and it reverses direction immediately. The only way to close it is by holding the button until the door is all the way down. The unit is from May '94, is 1/2 hp, model#(?) is...

View more questions Search